Tell-Tale Naturist Signs

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Tell-Tale Naturist Signs

Postby Sam2000 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 am

Evening (morning) all,

Just a quick topic starter before I get some long overdue sleep.

I'm intrigued about how you all go about assessing the potential of someone you've just met or known for a long time as to whether they are secretly a naturist/potentially interested/are interested, obviously without people being really obvious about about!

Are there certain things you look out for? Certain phrases you hear? Any other signs?

I ask this partially out of general interest and partially because I had (well, still have) a friend of mine who I've been wondering for years whether she is perhaps a closet naturist but never quite come to any conclusions. She's changed a lot lately (and not in a good way necessarily) so I reckon if she was then she may have drifted away and now equates nudity with sex, but that's another matter entirely.

Thought it might be an interesting thing to discuss.
Sam2000
Fully clothed
Fully clothed
Location: Southampton or Sussex depending on the time of the year

Re: Tell-Tale Naturist Signs

Postby D-TX on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:52 am

An all-over tan when they come home from holiday? 8)

Take Care & Be A Bare,
David
D-TX
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:47 am

D-TX wrote:An all-over tan when they come home from holiday? 8)

That's a tell-TAIL sign,not a tell-TALE sign. :P
FrankT

Postby Kiwee on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 am

Try the semi-harmless 'skinny dipping' approach. Most people have experienced it at some time in their lives. Although often A & B are involved. That is, alcohol and bravado.

Can't hurt to mention it to your friend.
Kiwee
Topless
Topless

Postby aussieian on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 am

Sam2000 wrote: . . . . Are there certain things you look out for? Certain phrases you hear? Any other signs?

Hi Sam,
Welcome to the board. I enjoyed your introductory post.
In answer to your question - "no".
Despite having discovered naturism ten years ago, I find there is no apparent consistency, no predictability.
Two of the few people who do know that I'm a naturist, and are somewhat envious of my "bravery" in discarding my clothes publicly, do not outwardly convey the impression that they would even be remotely interested in naturism. Yet they often ask me how my naturist activities are going.
Then again, last year I attended a local chiropractic clinic seeking treatment for my lower back. The clinic seemed to promote a holistic outlook to health and wellbeing. The female chiropractor was tanned, and obviously in good health. Given that proper chiropractic treatment of the lower back involves massage of the glutal (bottom) muscles, I felt it relevant to mention that I was a naturist, and how beneficial that naturism had been to my all-round health. "Ooooh ... too much information!!" she recoiled. A fine example of a "health professional" she turned out to be.
No, my experience has been that you can't readily pick out a naturist from the crowd.
Others on the board may see it differently.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:24 pm

aussieian wrote:The female chiropractor was tanned, and obviously in good health. Given that proper chiropractic treatment of the lower back involves massage of the glutal (bottom) muscles, I felt it relevant to mention that I was a naturist, and how beneficial that naturism had been to my all-round health. "Ooooh ... too much information!!" she recoiled. A fine example of a "health professional" she turned out to be.
Me in similar nurse/patient relationship but involving a hypo jab in the bum(after me summer hols). Nurse says "ooh nice tan, well must both go to the same places for our holidays". If I have a conversation with anybody about camping I always mention I go to naturist camping & the response is usually favourable. Normally something like "well I'd wouldn't mind but me partner would". :mrgreen:
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby SigmaTau on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:31 pm

If they never bother packing for their weekend vacations, they might be naturists.
SigmaTau
Topless
Topless

Postby nudewalker on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Maybe we can borrow something Jeff Foxworthy like:

If you only pack towels for holiday or vacation...You might be a nudist.
If you buy sunscreen by the gallon...You might be a nudist.

Anyway, you get the picture.
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby Martin M on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Sam2000 wrote:Certain phrases you hear?
Yes. If the speak German or Dutch they are more likely to be naturists.

Sam2000 wrote:Any other signs?
Frequent hollidays to destinations withe nude beaches... :wink:
Martin M
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby pjcomp on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

But you'll only know if they've got an all-over tan if they take their clothes off, or tell you ......

peter
pjcomp
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby phoebe on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 pm

if their brand of laundry soap is no longer on the market they might be a naturist.
phoebe
Topless
Topless

Postby ailsaman on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am

D-TX wrote:An all-over tan when they come home from holiday? 8)

Take Care & Be A Bare,
David

pjcomp wrote:But you'll only know if they've got an all-over tan if they take their clothes off, or tell you ......

peter

Well there is often the comment about "your white bits" when you return from holiday looking tanned - guaranteed to raise a couple of eyebrows when you reply '... I haven't got any' :wink:

...as I discovered when I casually joked with a girl in admin a while back about her 'white bits' to which she replied she'd been on holiday with her bf and they had a private balcony and he'd suggested it was ideal for getting an all over tan so she'd removed her bikini... and hence was tanned everywhere

We had a bit of a chat about naturism and that gf and I were nudists. I suggested nudist beaches in this country but don't know whether she'll take advantage of them, although she did see the advantage of going on nudist holiday as it meant less to pack, not that there was a lot of her bikinis to pack (in her suitcase) in the first place...
ailsaman
Topless
Topless

Postby curiousnude on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 am

A few years back I was a spectator at a swimming event and one lady was always pulling her costume away from her chest, now this could mean it was to tight for her or as I believe it meant that she was not used to wearing one, why I think this is because a one stage I saw down her cleavage (I was on a balcony) and although I did not see any nipple I saw most of her breasts and they was no sign of any white bits. So I guess a tell tale sign of a naturist is someone obviously uncomfortable in swim wear.
curiousnude
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby ailsaman on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

curiousnude wrote:... a one stage I saw down her cleavage (I was on a balcony) and although I did not see any nipple I saw most of her breasts and they was no sign of any white bits. So I guess a tell tale sign of a naturist is someone obviously uncomfortable in swim wear.

I didn't go that far and I can just imagine bumping into her at the nudist beach...
ailsaman
Topless
Topless

Postby nudewalker on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Sam, I'm sorry to tell you there is no rhyme nor reason that will let you know of someones nudist tendencies. Aussieian had it right just when you think your on track you get stunned. One of my co-workers often related stories of how he would walk on the treadmill naked or how his wife would do housework naked to save on A/C bills. I figured they were naturalists and waited for an occasion to find out. Once when we were alone I related the story of Brattlebouro Vt. where teens were walking around the town square naked in the evening. I can't begin to describe the reaction I got, lets say appalling would be mild. So are the closet nudists or was he blowing smoke?

I will say this however, that would be the attitude they have toward body acceptance. If they comment on people being too fat, too skinny or worse have a bad image of themselves more than likely they're not nudists. You have to be comfortable in your own skin and comfortable seeing people in theirs.
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Next

Return to General