Reluctant Spouse

Nude domestic life

Moderator: Moderators

Reluctant Spouse

Postby sanua_chap on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Those on the forum with a 'reluctant spouse' who puts up with your naturism but refuses to participate may be encouraged by a story in the latest BN Magazine.

'Undressing for dinner' is written by a lady whose husband and daughters would go naked on the beach on holiday, but would never contemplate joining them. Roll on a few years, and she is now an enthusiastic naturist, going naked whenever she can, even when other people are dressed. It does happen. The husband, of course, did not pressurise her.
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Re: Reluctant Spouse

Postby Roy on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 am

Interesting story, but my late first wife would never have gone there and neither will my current wife. I’m just thankful they both have tolerated my nudity and I’ve had no desire to ask or push either to do the same. It would be nice, but it isn’t happening and I’m OK with that.
Roy
Topless
Topless

Postby cony on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Appeared today in the Daily Mail (not the best of papers but this time seems to be doing some good)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5245697/Naturist-couple-enjoy-naked-bike-rides.html

Cony 8)
cony
Naked
Naked

Postby Shihoin on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:29 am

My story with my first wife was slightly similar.

Our daughter was a toddler at the time; and nudity at home was fairly common for us both. My wife tolerated us "running around the house naked" but would have none of it herself. She had been to the nudist resort once or twice with me though, but didn't see the point in making it a habit; especially at home.

It was almost accidental nudity. It was a very hot day, she came home from work overheated and exhausted. I was nude and my daughter was bathing. My wife changed into her favorite PJs, put the pan on the stove, and decided to "wrap up" our daughter's bath before getting dinner ready. Our daughter was particularly playful, splashing about and ended up dousing her Mom. Her favorite PJ's were soaked. At her "wit's end" she went to the bedroom to change; when her Mom called. Being that the pan was on the stove, she ran out naked, phone in hand, to go check on it.
Her Mom's phone call took a lot longer than she'd expected; and she'd spent the entire time nude in the kitchen. When she realized this, my daughter and I were also nude hanging out in the living room. At that point she simply shrugged her shoulders and asked if we wanted to just stay nude for dinner. My daughter and I emphatically replied "Yes!" And so we had our first nude dinner as a family.

That "event", as random and seemingly accidental as it appeared, was the product of nudity being common in our household. She was used to it and being around it, so all she needed was a "push"; which is this case was a random "concours de circonstances." It was enough for my wife to revise her stance on home nudity. With a reluctant spouse: time, patience and opportunity are the best factors.

My wife subsequently developed an appreciation for "nude dinners." Which then developed into an appreciation for home nudity; as she started staying nude after dinner and for the rest of the evening. It took some time for her to get there; but it was worth the wait
Shihoin
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby aussieian on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 am

Shihoin wrote: . . . . . It took some time for her to get there; but it was worth the wait

Great story. Thanks for sharing it. "Slowly, slowly - catchee monkey".

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby DipperDave on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:02 pm

Shihoin, That is definitely my experience.

You (the nudist spouse) cannot push or force anyone into accepting nudity or being nude. Instead you need to communicate your feelings (yeah guys have a problem with that sometimes), and listen carefully to theirs. Work out what level of nudity you and they can agree to then respect those boundaries. Don't agree to something if it's going to make you miserable, however. That's a one-way ticket to resentment and maybe divorce. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I believe that if a couple truly cares for each other, they can reach a workable compromise solution.

Your most powerful ally will be your relaxed enjoyment of your nude time, so after you make that agreement, lay aside all expectations of your spouse changing, and assume they will not. You can reopen the conversation occasionally, but I think it is paramount that you don't get too pushy, and especially avoid disapproval of or unhappiness at their choice to be clothed. They have as much right to NOT being nude as you do to BE nude. If they ever do change, it will be because they come to a personal realization, maybe through random circumstance like Shihoin's example, or life changes like kids leaving the nest, or because they recognize that you "walk the talk" and are truly happy just being nude.

Hope this isn't too preachy.
DipperDave
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby old guy on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Sounds very sensible to me. If I had someone in my life I would certainly want to keep her around. Driving her off because I got in a hurry to convince her to try nudism out would be very distressing
old guy
Naked
Naked

Return to Friends and family