Nanny/au pair

Nude domestic life

Moderator: Moderators

Nanny/au pair

Postby PhilG on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:32 pm

I know this isn't The Experience Project, but I'd like to use a personal experience to introduce a topic. How do you deal with live-in employees when yearning to get your kit off?

I run my software company from home and my wife is a solicitor. When she first got pregnant three years ago neither of us wanted to sacrifice our careers and we agreed to have a live-in nanny, expensive but we could afford it, and we appointed a newly qualified nursery nurse called Tania. She turned out to be absolutely excellent at her job and fitted in well, but my days of wandering around naked had to be curtailed, or so I thought.

The next summer my wife took a day off work to take our new baby son to see a friend, so Tania had the day off too. It was a boiling hot day, so when she announced that she was going to take the bus into town and would be back in time for dinner I was delighted at the thought that I could spend the day nude in the garden enjoying the sun. So Tania set off to the bus stop and I undressed and made myself comfortable on a sunbed. Soon I was dozing, miles away, when suddenly, silently, Tania walked out onto the patio. She announced that it was such a nice day she'd decided to sit in the sun and read instead of going in to town. And so she sat down, inconveniently between me and the door to the lounge where I'd left my shorts.

So I, naked, lay there wondering what to do while she, wearing T-shirt and shorts, read her book. After a while she got up but returned a minute or so later and said that she couldn't open the door of the washing machine, would I help? So I had to get up and walk past her to the kitchen and sorted the machine door out while she stood watching. Eventually I said something like "I hope you don't mind me being like this but it's so hot!" and she replied that she really didn't care and would I now please give her a hand hanging out the sheets, which I did, still entirely naked.

I spent the whole day nude. When my wife got home she was a bit surprised but I explained what had happened and she was fine. Thereafter I was always out in the sun whenever I could and didn't bother with a dressing gown going to and from the bathroom etc.. Sometimes Tania saw me, sometimes she didn't. I wasn't showy about it but just tried to act normally, until it actually became normal. I did once suggest she might like to try nudity herself but she politely declined!

The following summer it was the same, but then she got a serious boyfriend and moved away. I'm not really sure how to/whether to try to come to a similar arrangement with her successor: so far the vibes suggest that I would not be so lucky a second time. I'd be interested in other people's views though.
PhilG
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: Nanny/au pair

Postby Petrus on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

It is probably a bit late now, but I feel that when you offered employment to your chosen nanny, you should have casually mentioned, that you often went around nude and you would hope it was not a problem.
Petrus

Postby old guy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I'd at least ask for their opinionyou don't even need to say "I'm a nudist", just find some way to learn whether or not she'd be OK with nudity. Walking around nude, without warning, might get your name passed around as a pervert. Keep your wife fully informed too.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby PhilG on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am

Thanks for your thoughts guys. The thing is Petrus, employing the right girl for the job is far more important than my being able to strip off regularly, so I wasn't going to risk her being put off, and I'm very aware of the need to avoid being thought of as a pervert as Old Guy says. So I'll play it by ear and take no chances. Last time round I was just lucky, got caught out by mistake but it turned out well.
PhilG
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Nudezilla on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 pm

You know, this is just a thought, but by any chance did your family part ways on friendly terms with the previous nanny as your posts suggest? If so, quite often folks of similar employ know others "in the business". She likely knew other nannies / au pairs in the area. Perhaps she could help with the search for a replacement. Plus, she would also be sensitive to the relaxed dress code and could help with the selection there as well. As I said, just a thought.
Nudezilla
Topless
Topless
Location: Serendipity Park, Cleveland, Georgia, Planet Earth, USA

Postby PhilG on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Reasonable suggestion Nudezilla, but it's too late now. Anyway the new girl is settling in well, but far too early to guess at how she'd react to my nakedness. So, when I can, if the weather is good, I'll give myself a day off and enjoy the beach at Corton. Only one day so far this summer, alas.
PhilG
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby aussieian on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm

PhilG wrote:Thanks for your thoughts guys . . . .

And thank you, Phil.

Too often people breeze on to the forum, ask a question according to their particular interest, receive a variety of good advice, and say nothing - not even a simple "thank you". They just disappear.

"Manners maketh the man".

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Return to Friends and family