Nude comic

Stories and all other works of naturist fiction

Moderator: Moderators

Nude comic

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:04 pm

For the last little while, IÔÇÖve been involved with setting up a new web-site for French-speaking naturists and translating naturist-themed web-comics unto French. One of the web-comics IÔÇÖve been translating is a parody by Jay042 of various public-domain 40ÔÇÖs era comics featuring naked Tarzan and Jane look-alikes. You can find the English version here => http://kaza-and-gwenna.thecomicseries.com/comics/

Jay also has a DeviantArt page http://jay042.deviantart.com/ where he publishes a vast selection of his previous comic pages and other drawings. One of these was a new story he had called ÔÇÿNudist comicsÔÇØ. He had drawn five pages when, dissatisfied with where the plot-line he had in mind was going, he dropped the project. In the comments on his DeviantArt page, he has said that he wanted to go back to it eventually but that was three years ago. Reading these five pages, I felt that the story had a lot of potential so I wrote an alternate plot-line that I hope he will find more satisfactory and adopt to complete his story. It would be a shame to let the story hanging. Here is the story as I have imagined itÔǪ

Introduction

ItÔÇÖs a beautiful morning in Peytonville, Maryland, on this the third Friday of May. At the local resort, we vaguely hear the sound of the shower coming from one of the cabins. What is coming through much more clearly, however, is two voices caught in an argument.

ÔÇ£This vacation sucksÔÇØ growls the eleven year old girl leaning against the wall next to the bathroom door.

So you have said repeatedly replies a voice from within.

ÔÇ£Dad and Lisa were going to take me to Disneyworld!ÔÇØ the girl says again, more loudly.

So you have said repeatedly the voice replies again. Mary, would you really have preferred to be stuck in my apartment for a week?

ÔÇ£Yes!ÔÇØ replied Mary, loudly.

ÔÇ£Mary, please? You can have fun here if you try.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Not at your boyfriendÔÇÖs freakazoid nudist colony!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£They donÔÇÖt call them that anymore; itÔÇÖs a naturist resort. And you should try it before slamming it; you might just surprise yourself and discover you enjoy it.ÔÇØ

In the meantime, the sound of the shower ceased and there was a ÔÇÿwhiskÔÇÖ sound as the shower curtain was pulled back. An instant later, the bathroom door opened and MaryÔÇÖs mother stepped out, nude, with a towel over her shoulder. Mary, sulking, was still leaning against the wall with her arms crossed across her magenta top.

ThereÔÇÖs no way IÔÇÖm going naked and you canÔÇÖt make me!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No, youÔÇÖre right,ÔÇØ answered her mother, ÔÇ£I canÔÇÖt make you. But all that will mean is that you will give yourself a very boring and sucky vacation.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Hmph!ÔÇØ was MaryÔÇÖs only reply.

ÔÇ£Come, letÔÇÖs go find Larry. I imagine he will be at the admin building.ÔÇØ

MaryÔÇÖs mother strapped on a pair of sandals, picked up her large shoulder bag from the end table next to her bed, slipped a fresh hand towel into it and they both stepped out the door and strolled down the walkway towards the community center. She was new to naturism and it was obvious that previously she wore a rather conservative one-piece bathing suit.

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt forget; IÔÇÖm still your mother and I expect you to behave yourself, especially around Larry!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Alright already!ÔÇØ muttered Mary, looking around.

A minute later, around a small hillock that had hidden him from view, MaryÔÇÖs mother spotted Larry pushing a lawnmower. He was wearing a narrow-brimmed sun hat, a fanny pack, a pair of shoes and socks and a deep all-over tan. She called out his name and waved.

ÔÇ£Carol!ÔÇØ he called back and waved in return.

Coming up to each other, they hug and kiss. ÔÇ£Missed you!ÔÇØ he mumbles.

ÔÇ£Ewwwww!ÔÇØ groaned Mary, disgusted by the passionate greeting of her mother and her boyfriend.

Turning around, Carol said ÔÇ£And this wet blanket is my daughter Mary.ÔÇØ

Larry, noticing MaryÔÇÖs magenta top and chocolate brown shorts, said ÔÇ£Still a bit shy, Eh?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Belligerently prudish is more like it,ÔÇØ commented Carol.

ÔÇ£Hey!ÔÇØ protested Mary, not quite understanding the words but realizing she was being insulted.

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt worry. Mary. ItÔÇÖs fine if you stay clothed,ÔÇØ said Larry to reassure her. ÔÇ£You donÔÇÖt have to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£How about we hop in the cart and I give you the full tour of the place?ÔÇØ

-0-0-
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: Nude comic

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Larry pushed the lawnmower back into the cartÔÇÖs trailer while Carol laid out her towel on the passenger seat and Mary hops onto the rumble seat in the back. As Larry drives along, Mary notices the wind turbines of the energy park and pipeline station next door to the resort.

ÔÇ£I know this is a strange experience the first time, Mary,ÔÇØ says he, ÔÇ£but just give it some time. After a while, you wonÔÇÖt even notice what people are wearing!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£We have three families who live here full-time as well several seasonal residents, and IÔÇÖm sure youÔÇÖll have some fun when you meet their kids. In fact, they should be letting out of school soon!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You have a school here?ÔÇØ asked Mary, surprised, from the back.

ÔÇ£Well, itÔÇÖs more of a home schooling set-up but the parents all work together to make certain the kids get a good education. We have several retired teachers and even a university professor living here. With their help, the kids are doing far better than average!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£And think of all the money you save not having to buy school uniforms!ÔÇØ added Carol with a laugh.

ÔÇ£They use a room in our community centre. They should be letting out soon.ÔÇØ

By this time, they had driven up to the resortÔÇÖs community centre; a futuristic dome-shaped building with panoramic widows.

ÔÇ£Wow!ÔÇØ exclaimed Mary. ÔÇ£It looks like a super hero headquarters or something!ÔÇØ

As Mary continued to stare up at the building, Larry chuckled ÔÇ£Yeah, I left my cape in my other suit!ÔÇØ

As they walked through the doors of the resortÔÇÖs community centre, Larry called out to the receptionist. ÔÇ£Hey, Betty! Anything new while I was out?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes, Boss,ÔÇØ replied the blonde, well-tanned woman. ÔÇ£The reporter from the paper called! He wants to do the interview tomorrow.ÔÇØ

Larry looked through the message slips. ÔÇ£Great! Call him back and set up the time for tomorrow afternoon.ÔÇØ

Suddenly, from CarolÔÇÖs purse came the theme from ÔÇÿHawaii 5-0ÔÇÖ. ÔÇ£Huh?ÔÇØ she muttered, surprised.

She looked at her phoneÔÇÖs screen, shocked, as she read ÔÇÿGreg@HQÔÇÖ.

Beside her, Mary guessed ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs Dad, isnÔÇÖt it?ÔÇØ

Turning to Larry, she said ÔÇ£I really need to take this. Can you keep an eye on Mary for a minute?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sure, Hon.ÔÇØ And looking at Mary as Carol wandered off with her phone to her ear, ÔÇ£Sounds like your Mom and Dad have to talk about some stuff.ÔÇØ

Mary, still upset about the whole situation, replied ÔÇ£More likely she doesnÔÇÖt want me to tell him where we are!ÔÇØ

Meanwhile, by the community centres glass doors

ÔÇ£Greg?ÔÇØ asks Carol, on her phone.

ÔÇ£Hi, Carol. HowÔÇÖs Mary doing?ÔÇØ Greg is sitting by a console with monitor screens surrounding him.

ÔÇ£Complaining about not being in Disneyworld,ÔÇØ replies Carol.

Yeah. Ive got to make that up to her later But I really need a favour. Can she stay with you a few extra days?

Still standing by the centreÔÇÖs glass wall, CarolÔÇÖs body language reads total disapproval for what sheÔÇÖs hearing. ÔÇ£Is there something happening I should know about?ÔÇØ

Over the phone, she hears ÔÇ£You remember the Leech?ÔÇØ

Vaguely

ÔÇ£Well, heÔÇÖs got loose. And some kind of power upgrade.ÔÇØ As Greg was talking, he stood up to pull on his outfit; bomber jacket, motorcycle gloves and on his forehead, what looks like welderÔÇÖs goggles. Strapped to his back with a five-point harness and a utility belt is a rocket pack with a high-altitude oxygen mask.

So far, he continued, hes absorbed the powers of at least three league members Captain Triumph is still in a coma So, it looks like a job for Doctor Impossible. Dont worry. I have a plan.

Carol looks at her phone with a worried look. ÔÇ£ThatÔÇÖs exactly what IÔÇÖm afraid of.ÔÇØ
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Chapter 1

Twelve years before

Carol Bancroft was sitting on the porch of her beach-front cabin, sipping a pi├▒a colada. This last week had been murder. She really needed this break. She had gotten the job with Allancroft Management Services right after graduating from college and in the six years she had been with the company, she had quickly risen in the ranks to become the top management consultant in the firm. However, in spite of all the business she has pulled in, she had not been able to break through the glass ceiling and when old Jack Allancroft died of a heart attack, the junior partners, jealous of her success, did everything they could to keep her down so that they could sit back and skim off the profits while she would continue to rake in the goods.

Luckily, Jack had had a friend who was an investment counsellor; Carol had decided to follow his advice and had opened an account with him. Now that she was at loose ends, she had a tidy nest egg that allowed her to take it easy for a while before having to worry about finding another job. The first thing she had done after slamming the door in those two assholesÔÇÖ faces was to visit the travel agency that had been one of her clients.

In CarsonÔÇÖs office, over coffee, she explained the situation.

ÔÇ£Look,ÔÇØ she said, ÔÇ£Jack Allancroft is dead and I refuse to work with his partners. I havenÔÇÖt had a vacation since IÔÇÖve started with the firm and IÔÇÖm burned out. What I want is three weeks on a desert island by myself; no phone, no TV, nothing and nobody else. What can you offer me?ÔÇØ

Carson looked at her. Are you sure? Ive got some great packages; Jamaica, Cozumel

ÔÇ£No, I want to be totally alone. Just a place where I can sleep with the sound of the sea, swim when I want to, read a couple of books and think only of myself. I want a place with about a monthÔÇÖs worth of food in a freezer and thatÔÇÖs it. I donÔÇÖt want to see a single soul from the day IÔÇÖm dropped off and the day IÔÇÖm picked up when my timeÔÇÖs up.ÔÇØ

They finally came to an understanding. Carson did have an island that matched CarolÔÇÖs needs; an island he kept aside for A-class actors and their current girlfriends to have a place by themselves away from the paparazzi. Because of all that Carol had done for him in the past, he let her rent it for two thousand a week instead of the usual twenty-five plus he charged.

-0-0-
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:08 pm

She had arrived the day before. CarsonÔÇÖs agent, an ageless serene black-skinned Jamaican with white hair and wearing nothing but a pair of rumpled shorts, had sailed her over in a small ketch from Kingston, helped her carry her baggage and supplies into the house, showed her how to relight the freezer and the fridge should the pilot light go out, wished her a good vacation and sailed back out into the sunset. When she could no longer see the sailboat, she had gone to bed and had the first restful nightÔÇÖs sleep she had had in months.

That morning, wearing a pair of gym shorts and a halter-top, she explored the house and unpacked her meagre belongings; a couple or three tops, a pair of jeans, a pair of cut-offs, a warm ÔÇôup if it got cold, some undies and a couple of bathing suits. After lunch, she walked all around ÔÇÿherÔÇÖ island and started in on that sappy novel sheÔÇÖd been meaning to read like forever. Now it was just about supper time.

She was just finishing her pi├▒a colada when she spotted the aircraft. At first she thought the plane was island-hopping but it soon became evident that it was in trouble and was coming in for a landing. She continued to watch it as the plane sputtered and dropped altitude. Finally, just barely over the treetops, it headed out to sea, made a wide turn and headed back inland.

Carol put down her empty glass and ran to the back of the island. She cleared the headland just in time to see the craft skid through the surf, up the beach and into the palms. As she came closer, she saw the door open and a man stagger out to fall flat on his face in the sand. As she came up to him, he struggled to a sitting position. He glanced up at her.

ÔÇ£They say that any landing the pilot walks away from is a good landing. Considering that, IÔÇÖd say that this one was just so-so.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Are you all right?ÔÇØ asked Carol.

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve been better,ÔÇØ replied the pilot. ÔÇ£Would you help me hide the plane, please? It mustnÔÇÖt be seen.ÔÇØ

He struggled to his feet, only to fall flat again. ÔÇ£On second thought, I think IÔÇÖll stay here for a bit. YouÔÇÖll have to hide the plane by yourself.ÔÇØ

She looked at the plane. At first, it seemed that both wings had sheared off but a closer look showed her that the wings had actually folded sideways and allowed the craft to penetrate deeper into the underbrush. She hadnÔÇÖt known that airplanes could do that. She didnÔÇÖt know that much about airplanes but this one, even in its present beat up condition, looked unusual. Gathering some broken branches and palm fronds, she covered the plane as best she could, vowing to come back the following morning with a machete and do a better job of it when the light would be better. Right now, she had to look after the pilot.

As she walked back to the pilot, who was struggling to get to his feet again, she looked at him. A solidly-built man of about five-ten, five-eleven, he looked well-tanned although with his pallor, it was hard to tell. He was wearing what looked like a World War II flying suit; bomber jacket, boots and gloves and strapped to his waist was a high-altitude oxygen mask with a gas cartridge. What a weird outfit in this day and age, she remembered thinking.

She took him by the arm and saw him wince then noticed a hole in the shoulder of the jacket. In the back, there was a second hole, this one with blood along the edges.

ÔÇ£Come on, letÔÇÖs go home so that I can have a look at that shoulder. Are there any other holes that I should know about?ÔÇØ

No, that would be the only one, I think, but my ankle is a bit wonky I must have banged it a bit in the landing.

Taking his good arm over her shoulder, she supported him as he limped to the waterÔÇÖs edge then along the hard sand back to her cabin. They struggled into the house and into the bedroom. Turning around, they both sat down heavily on the bed. Crawling out from underneath his arm, she helped him out of his jacket. Underneath, the shirt was caked with blood.

ÔÇÿTskÔÇÖing with disapproval, she went to the kitchen for a pair of scissors and a first aid kit. Back in the bedroom, she handed him a glass of water from the tray she carried.

ÔÇ£Here, drink this! You need to replace the fluids youÔÇÖve lost.ÔÇØ

While he sat sipping his water, she cut the shirt away from the wound then started cleaning the blood from his shoulder.

ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖre lucky! That bullet missed your collarbone and barely scratched your shoulder blade. Half an inch higher and you would have been writing your memoirs with your left hand. Any lower and closer to the centre and someone else would have been writing your epitaph. Who did you get pissed off at you?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Somebody youÔÇÖd rather not mess with. IÔÇÖll need to call some friends of mine; let them know what happened.ÔÇØ

For the moment, youre not calling anyone Were all alone here with no contact with the outside. Let me get you bandaged up and well talk about it in the morning. Right now, I want you to drink another glass of water and then go to sleep. You need to get your strength back.

He looked around. ÔÇ£Where will you sleep?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Tonight, IÔÇÖll sleep on the couch. Tomorrow, we can discuss some more permanent arrangements.ÔÇØ

-0-0-
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:09 pm

For the next two weeks, the two spent their days exploring the beach, gathering shells and growing closer. For the first four, five days, Carol changed GregÔÇÖs bandages regularly but as soon as the wounds were closed, if not completely healed, she preferred to leave the wounds uncovered and the two started swimming together and diving (there had been two sets of snorkeling equipment in the house). If anything, the salt water helped the wounds heal faster. Every day, while Carol sat in the shade of a palm tree, Greg spent an hour or more working on his airplane and all the while they would talk about this and that. He had eventually given in to CarolÔÇÖs questions and explained how it came about that he had been shot. From there, it was but a step to admitting to his alter ego and his crime-fighting activities. Carol, for her part, had talked about her work as a management consultant and her frustrations with trying to breach the glass ceiling.

Finally, fifteen days after he had crashed onto the island, Greg managed to get the radio on the craft to work again and he got a call in to the league on an encrypted frequency to let them know what had happened. The league would send a special craft to the island the following evening after dark to recover the plane and rescue Greg. That evening, both were very quiet. They both knew that any lasting relationship would be impossible. Greg could not envisage doing anything other than fight crime while Carol knew all too well that she would spend her life worrying about him every time he went out on a mission. That night, they gave in to their feelings for each other and spent the night together. The following morning, without bothering with getting dressed, they went for a last swim to commemorate their two weeks in paradise and stretched out side by side on a beach blanket. Like any other couple in love, they exchanged telephone numbers and promised each other they would remain best friends forever, all the while thinking they would not see each other again.

That night when the rescue team arrived, Carol could not bear to be there and hid in her bedroom, her head buried in her pillow. After a while, all became quiet again and Carol decided to have a look. Clad but in what she had worn all day, she walked barefoot along the shore to where the aircraft had crashed. There was a full moon out and it was almost as clear as day. She looked all about but it was as if all had been in her imagination; nothing was out of place, there were no broken branches or palm fronds and no evidence that a palm tree had been knocked down. Even the loam around the underbrush had been replaced. With her back to the island, she sat down in the sand and hugged her knees. When the eastern sky started to show a pink glow, she got up stiffly and slowly walked back to the house.

The next four days were a blur; she slept, she swam, she ate and she read. She could not remember if she had bothered getting dressed or anything. That she has read at least was certain; the day before CarsonÔÇÖs agent was due to pick her up, she closed that sappy novel for the last time. In the past, she would have found the book a total mash-up but now, she thought it was poignant. The story had been about this self-sufficient young woman who perchance meets this oil prince; they have a torrid love affair and then each goes his separate way, like ships in the night. Thinking about it, she laughed bitterly.

-0-0-

On her return to Boston, she started looking for a job. This time, she was more particular about whom she would let hire her. She researched her potential employers as if she was buying a racehorse. She wanted a firm that was small but forward-thinking, that had a proven track record but was not stodgy and, especially, one that was not part of the ÔÇ£old boyÔÇØ network. She was hired by the second firm she interviewed. Heinlein and Halderman was exactly what she was looking for. They were willing to take risks but even more importantly, they were willing to listen to her.

It took her three weeks to set up her own network. Her first client was a HMO in Marblehead. While she was there for an analysis of their management set-up, she stopped by the lab for a pregnancy test. It confirmed what she had already known for a week; she was pregnant.

That evening, on her way home for supper, she stopped and bought herself a half-bottle of white wine, a vidal blanc from some obscure winery in the Finger Lakes region of New York, the last wine she would allow herself for the next nine months. It was time to take stock.

She took on her pregnancy the way she took on her clients; with an in-depth analysis of all her options and then, by a process of elimination, an honest appraisal of her best chances. Wholly professional, she even allowed for uncertainties and imponderables and set up both a plan B and a plan C. She knew she would raise the child on her own and while she planned to advise the childÔÇÖs father and even allow him some input in the childÔÇÖs upbringing, there was no way she would allow herself to become dependent on him for her childÔÇÖs future. However, she would cross that bridge later. Her first task was to recruit a midwife.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Chapter 2

The plan she had laid out for herself some three years previously had called for finding a house away from the bustle of downtown Boston but still within commuting distance. For two months, she researched the surrounding area and finally decided on Salem. The idea that she, an independent woman would want to settle in a town with a reputation of frowning on independent women and calling them witches, she found ironic. She moved into her flat in a two-storey clapboard house on Lafayette three months before Mary was born. During the first couple of years after MaryÔÇÖs birth, Carol worked mostly from home. Whenever she had to visit a client, she would have HeinleinÔÇÖs nineteen year old daughter who was interning in the office while studying for a degree in Business Admin come over and baby-sit.

After MaryÔÇÖs second birthday, when she started to become more conscious of the wide world beyond her mother, Carol enrolled her in a kindergarten/preschool so that she could develop her social skills. It was only then that Carol mustered the courage to call Greg and advise him that he was a father.

In spite of her determination and her acute, hard-nosed business sense, that first phone call had been the hardest thing she ever did and even as she tapped the number that Greg had given her, she almost cancelled the call.

ÔÇ£Office for Regional Development and Educational Reform, Miss Maplewood speaking. May I help you?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes, this is Carol Bancroft. IÔÇÖd like to speak to Gregory Endicott, please. If he doesnÔÇÖt remember the name, please remind him itÔÇÖs about an airplane he bent off Jamaica three years ago.ÔÇØ

Er I see. Just a moment, please?

Less than a minute later, the receptionist came back on the line. ÔÇ£Ms. Bancroft, Mr. Endicott is not in the office at the moment. May he call you back, say around eight?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes, that would be fine. Do you need my number?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£If itÔÇÖs the same one you gave him three years ago then it will not be necessary.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Very well, then. I look forward to his call. Thank you.ÔÇØ

-0-0-

That evening, when she put Mary to bed, she was on pins and needles. Thinking that a glass of wine might relax her a bit, she served herself a glass of vidal blanc, the only wine she ever drank, nowadays. Finally, when her phone rang, she picked up even before the first ring finished but, struck speechless, she was unable even to say hello.

 Carol?

 Hello, Greg. Its been a long time

I still think of you

So do I, Greg every single day and I cherish the memory of it.

 Er Why did you call me, Carol? Are you in trouble?

ÔÇ£Not at all; things could not be better. I have something to tell you, Greg, but now that IÔÇÖm talking to you, I find that I canÔÇÖt say it on the phone. Would it be out of your way to come see me in the near future? You donÔÇÖt have to worry, I donÔÇÖt want to take up with you again; your life and your work are your own but thereÔÇÖs something you need to know. It wouldnÔÇÖt be fair for me to keep it from you.ÔÇØ

 Very well. Where do you live?

ÔÇ£Salem.ÔÇØ

Okay Would Thursday evening be alright, eight oclock?

That would be fine, thank you. Do you have a pen? Ill give you the address.

-0-0-
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Over the following years, Greg dropped by regularly, or rather as regularly as his work would allow. In the beginning, he would come to Salem and spend a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon, playing with Mary and later, going for walks in the park and taking Mary to the merry-go-round. Still later, when Mary started school, he would come pick up Mary about one week-end per month and she would spend it and the occasional school holiday at his flat. Occasionally it would happen that the news spoke of a new crime wave with some unusual technical or other extraordinary aspects and Greg would call to say that he had to go out of town on an emergency. Mary would be disappointed but Greg always made it up to her so it wasnÔÇÖt too bad.

As Mary got older, CarolÔÇÖs reputation increased and her client list became larger, requiring her to make regular trips throughout New England and eventually, even further afield, so from the third grade on, Mary went to a private boarding school, coming home for the week-ends.

Greg and Carol remained fast friends and would frequently meet up for a coffee when he brought Mary back. Through the years, they had encouraged each other to go out on dates to find someone significant with whom to share their lives. Greg had been the first of the two to meet up with someone else; a woman in her early forties by the name of Lisa Ellis. Lisa had a teen-aged son, Mark, who, like Mary, went to a boarding school. As a result, Carol did not see him very often. Mark seemed a nice lad, though; a typical teenager, more interested in sports and girls than in his education. Mary liked Lisa and Lisa did not at all resent Mary as is often the case with step-families.

Eight months ago, it had been CarolÔÇÖs turn. A man named Larry Ingals, owner of a naturist resort in Maryland, had contacted Heinlein and Halderman wanting them to streamline the management procedures. A slight, unassuming widower in his mid to late forties, LarryÔÇÖs wife had died a few years previously after an illness. It was she who had taken care of the administrative details of the resort while Larry had taken care of the physical upkeep of the grounds. Now that he was alone to take care of everything, he was feeling snowed under.

Carol, by now a junior partner in the organization, was intrigued by the concept of managing such a resort and decided to meet with the client herself. When she first greeted Larry in her office, it was as if they shared a spark. During the interview, Larry spoke passionately about naturism and the feeling of freedom it engendered. He talked about the breeze, the sun on his skin and of feeling one with the world. He talked about his resort and the new community centre but explained how the administrative details was taking all the fun out of his life. All the while Larry was talking, Carol was seeing herself back on her island and especially on that last day with Greg, swimming and strolling along the beach without a stitch and how she had felt so totally free in spite of the fact that he would be leaving forever that very evening.

In the following months, Carol made several trips to the resort. The first time, in late September, she had stayed dressed and spent most of her time looking over the management aspects of the organization but the following times, she had thrown caution to the winds and stripped in spite of the lower temperatures, in order to be on a more even footing with the resortÔÇÖs personnel and residents. By the following February, after having spent several long days with Larry and the resortÔÇÖs new secretary/manager, Betty Granger, revising the officeÔÇÖs booking procedures, filing system and accounting system, Carol came to the realisation that she was continuing her visits more to see Larry himself than to supervise the resortÔÇÖs operation.

As forthright as ever, instead of sending the bill for Heinlein and HaldermanÔÇÖs services by mail, she delivered it personally and at the same time, asked Larry how he felt about her. When Larry admitted to her that he also would regret not seeing her again, they agreed to start dating and, by April, Carol was spending the occasional night at the resort. The vacation she had planned had been supposed to be a sort of unofficial honeymoon but all had fallen apart when Greg had called at the last minute to cancel his week with Mary.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Chapter 3

In the present

ÔǪ Suddenly, from CarolÔÇÖs purse came the theme from ÔÇÿHawaii 5-0ÔÇÖ. ÔÇ£Huh?ÔÇØ she muttered, surprised.

She looked at her phoneÔÇÖs screen, shocked, as she read ÔÇÿGreg@HQÔÇÖ.

Beside her, Mary guessed ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs Dad, isnÔÇÖt it?ÔÇØ

Turning to Larry, she said ÔÇ£I really need to take this. Can you keep an eye on Mary for a minute?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sure, Hon.ÔÇØ And looking at Mary as Carol wandered off with her phone to her ear, ÔÇ£Sounds like your Mom and Dad have to talk about some stuff.ÔÇØ

Mary, still upset about the whole situation, replied ÔÇ£More likely she doesnÔÇÖt want me to tell him where we are!ÔÇØ

Just then, a double door in the back of the lobby swings open and a gaggle of kids burst out. Most of the kids were of preschool age but among them are two young teens; a boy of about 14 and a girl of 13, and twin girls of MaryÔÇÖs age. The 13 year old girl looks Japanese.

Larry turns around and calls out Come on, kids, slow it down to below the speed of sound, at least

The younger kids ignore him but the twins and the teens slow down sufficiently to notice Mary. Larry spoke again.

Girls, Tom, this is Mary shes new here and still a bit uncomfortable with the clothing style. Mary, these girls are Tina and Tanya and this is Miko while this tall gentleman is Tom.

The twins giggled. ÔÇ£Hi, IÔÇÖm TanyaÔǪÔÇØ while the other interrupted and said ÔÇÿNo, I am.ÔÇØ

Miko smiled demurely and said ÔÇ£Hello, Mary. Actually, this is Tanya; she has a small scar on her cheek. They do this all the time ÔÇô it drives the adults crazy.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Say, Mary,ÔÇØ said Tom, ÔÇ£we were going to the pool to hang out until supper. Do you want to join us?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Okay, IÔÇÖll go get my suit,ÔÇØ replied Mary eagerly.

Er hesitated Tom, its that euh theres no suits allowed; skinny dipping only.

ÔÇ£Oh!ÔÇØ Mary looked downcast.

Oh, come on, said Tanya no, Tina. Itll be fun! Theres nothing to it, youll see.

Tanya snickered again. ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs nothing to it, she says. Way to go, Captain Obvious!ÔÇØ

Mary looked at Larry. ÔÇ£Go on, it will be fine, IÔÇÖll tell Carol,ÔÇØ he smiled back.

In the next panel, we see the four girls and Tom tossing a beach ball around in the pool.

-0-0-

That evening, while waiting for Larry to finish some last-minute business so that they would have supper together at the resortÔÇÖs restaurant, Carol and Mary were sitting in the living room of their cabin. The TV is on in the background. Both were wearing blouses but were otherwise nude.

Mary was talking excitedly about her new friends when the news announcer came on the air with  and in other news, there seems to be no end in the current rampage of the Leech. Late last night, Pennsylvanias nuclear reactor suddenly stopped producing power. At first, it was assumed that, somehow, the plutonium slugs had been replaced by slugs of depleted uranium but further investigations revealed that, in fact, the original slugs had been drained of their excess neutrons. League of Heroes spokesperson, Miss Fury, said that research to find an effective weapon to counter the Leech was on-going and that they hoped to have some good news to report in the near-future. Meanwhile, Captain Triumph continues to mend; while he is still in a coma, his general health is a lot better and hes been taken off the critical list.

Up next, Dan will have the latest on the NHL standings as well as all the details on last nights Celtics game. See you after these messages

ÔÇ£Mom, why do you always freeze when something about those costumed crusaders comes on the news?ÔÇØ

Carol seemed distracted. Do I? Im sorry so you really liked playing in the pool with your new friends. It didnt bother you that the pool was skin only?

ÔÇ£Well, it did at first but after a while, I sorta forgot about it. ItÔÇÖs really no worse than the changing room after gym class at school ÔÇô well, thereÔÇÖs Tom but after a while you kinda stop staring and get on with it, like. IÔÇÖm not ready to go streaking down Times Square but here, itÔÇÖs all right, I guess.ÔÇØ

Im glad to Just then, there was a knock on the door and Larry stuck his head in. Are you guys hungry?

ÔÇ£Famished, dear,ÔÇØ admitted Carol while Mary yelled ÔÇ£Starving!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Mary, donÔÇÖt forget your towel,ÔÇØ reminded Carol when Mary started for the door.

After a while, over supper in the restaurant, Larry made an announcement.

ÔÇ£By the way, Mary, I have something that may interest you. Your mom was telling me that youÔÇÖre actively pursuing your merit badges with the Girl Guides. IÔÇÖve made arrangements with a Red Cross instructor whoÔÇÖs a member here. She will be giving a Red Cross-sanctioned CPR and first aid course this Saturday and Sunday at the pool. IÔÇÖm expecting a fair amount of visitors this week-end so I would suggest you register early.ÔÇØ

-0-0-

On the evening news several days later Much of the Eastern Seaboard spent Memorial Day week-end in the dark this year because several high tension towers along the trunk line next to the Appalachians have literally been molten down to slag last Saturday. Virginia Power, owner of that particular stretch, has enlisted the help of neighbouring power companies from as far away as Canada to help get the line back up and running. Miss Fury, League of Heroes spokesperson, informs us that Dr. Impossibles device is in the final testing stage and will be available within the coming weeks. In the meanwhile, Captain Triumph has finally come out of his coma but apparently retains no memory of the attack. Doctors are uncertain at this point if Triumph will eventually regain his memory of the event.

Mary was in the lounge shooting a game of high-low at the pool table against Tom. When the news announced the latest disaster, she glanced at her Mom who was at the bar, having a drink with Larry. She was not at all surprised to see her mother stop with her glass in the air and, when the news item was over, shudder and put her glass down again.
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Chapter 4

Saturday Mary was moping. Usually Saturday was her favourite day. When her Mom was not on an extended business trip, she would pick Mary up from school Friday afternoon and they would spend their week-ends on day-trips, exploring Boston harbour, trips to Provincetown (those were her favorite  she loved to look at the funny way some people behaved) and the whaling ports on Nantucket and Marthas Vineyard. This time, it was different. This time, Dad had organized a special ten-day vacation trip to Florida; they would do Disneyworld, Sea World and Universal Studios  the trip of a lifetime! Then, at the last minute, hed had to cancel. It had happened before; it was part of the job, but why did it have to happen this time?

As a result, she had been shanghaied (she wondered where that expression came from) onto her motherÔÇÖs vacation trip. That would have been alright except that she had planned this trip so that she could get all lovey-dovey with her new boyfriend at his nudie colony. Gross!

Now, she had to admit that running around in her skin wasnt at all as bad as she thought it would be (she was getting a great full-body tan, after all. The girls at school would be jealous as hell and she was no longer curious about what boys looked like down there). But to miss out on Disneyworld! On top of all that, tomorrow, her vacation would be officially over! They would have to pack their bags and drive back to Salem!

Suddenly, there was a great big ÔÇ£BOUMÔÇØ that rattled the window, followed closely by two more in quick succession, each one louder than the previous. Up in the sky, a miniature mushroom cloud was developing (a nuclear explosion? Naa, it couldnÔÇÖt be ÔÇô then she remembered reading somewhere that all explosions produced mushroom clouds) and then, louder than all the other explosions combined, all of the remaining liquid propane tanks of the pipeline station next door exploded in one immense blast! Windows shattered, crap and garbage was flying through the air and then, like a blast of wind straight out of hell, the shock-wave threw things and people about, shattered all the remaining windows, knocked down trees and tossed the resortÔÇÖs golf carts every which way!

In the aftermath of the explosion, everything was chaos! In almost no time at all, sirens were heard coming closer and people crawled out of the rubble and started looking around to help their fellows. No one cared about who was dressed and who was not. Several of those dressed showed about as much skin as the residents of the Peytonville resort. Tom, Mico, Mary, Tanya and Tina, with their newly earned Red Cross diplomas in mind, ignored orders to stay out of the way and did what they could to help out, carrying blankets, holding up perfusion bottles for the first respondents and comforting those who were in shock. The older residents carried stretchers and helped dig out victims from the rubble. Carol and Larry quickly transformed the resortÔÇÖs community centre into a triage centre and a steady stream of ambulances drove up and away again, all lights flashing. Betty ransacked the restaurantÔÇÖs supply of water bottles and sodas and started to hand them out to the rescue workers.

-0-0-
Last edited by corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby corvds on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 pm

In the midst of all this confusion, a SWAT truck in the colours of the League of Heroes and a LoH logo on the sides drove up, towing what looked like an industrial-strength welding generator and stopped in the middle of the crowd. Out popped Dr. Impossible, Rock-face and Miss Fury. While Dr. Impossible pulled a couple of weapons the size of Browning Automatic Rifles from the truck, Rock-face hauled out some heavy-duty cable and Miss Fury started the generator. Once everything was connected, Dr. Impossible took one of the devices and Rock-face took the other and aimed them at the base of the fire while Miss Fury monitored the instruments.

As a pale blue ray shot out from the weapons, the fire slowly died down. Where-ever the ray struck, the fire cooled; its energy absorbed. Finally, they could see a vague human form, glowing infernally, walking through the rubble; the Leech! Dr. Impossible and Rock-face looked at each other, nodded and aimed their beams directly at the glowing form! No change! Dr. Impossible made an adjustment to the device and the beams intensified, and again! The Leech barely flickered. Finally, Miss Fury cried out ÔÇ£The dissipater is over-heating! It canÔÇÖt handle the throughput!ÔÇØ It looked as if the Leech would get away again.

Mary, who had stopped to watch Dr. ImpossibleÔÇÖs device in action, suddenly cried out ÔÇ£Reverse the polarity! Throw everything back at him!ÔÇØ Miss Fury shot a quick look at Dr. Impossible who was staring at Mary then looked back at Miss Fury and nodded. Miss Fury grabbed a large double bladed knife switch and threw it into the opposite position!

Instantly, the blue rays changed to a fiery red! As they played over the glowing form of the Leech, it became brighter. Dr. Impossible adjusted the controls on the device again and angry bolts of lightning surrounded the ray. The Leech became ever brighter and gradually changed from yellow to white. Finally, brilliant white streamers seemed to shoot out from the very centre of the form. Suddenly, Dr. Impossible, who was carefully monitoring the changes through his polarizing goggles, cried out

ÔÇ£Everyone! Hit the deck, now! And close your eyes!ÔÇØ

Following his own instructions, he dropped to the ground. A couple of seconds later, there was a blindingly bright actinic flash, a deafeningly loud crack, then nothing. After a while, people started stirring and a few looked about. Except for the generalized destruction, everything looked normal. Nothing glowed and there was no trace of the Leech.

Dr. Impossible, Rock-face and Miss Fury got on their feet and started picking up their equipment. As he passed Mary with his weapons, Dr. Impossible said quietly You did well today, Muffin. You really saved our bacon. Mary smiled at him to thank him and froze She suddenly remembered a scene from when she was five. She had been with her father on one of her visits and had shown him her colouring book. She distinctly remembered her father saying You did well today, Muffin! Im proud of you.

She looked at Dr. Impossible, tired but satisfied, putting away the tools of his trade, and smiled.

Conclusion

In the final panel, Mary whispers to Dr. Impossible

Oh, and Dad The next time you have to cancel a vacation trip, how about telling me the truth. I mean, really! Cancelling Disneyworld for an emergency job in Hoboken
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Return to Fiction