Story Telling Challenge

Stories and all other works of naturist fiction

Moderator: Moderators

Story Telling Challenge

Postby sirius631 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

When I was studying for my English 'O' level, I had a teacher who would set a challenge for the class to write a story on any subject they liked, but it had to fit in with the title that she dictated. As an attempt to get more people into naturist fiction, I did like to set such a challenge, but with a little modification. Here are the rules:

1) The theme has to be naturist or clothes optional friendly
2) It has to live up to the title that has been given.
3) Post it in the General forum
i) Maximum overall length: 10,000 words.
ii) Maximum length per post: 1,000 words.
4) Set the subject as the title followed by your name
5) Log a link to it in the fiction index thread.

The title I'm setting for this first challenge is 'My House, My Rules.' which I'm sure will ring true with many of our closet members.

Happy Writing
David, AKA Sirius631
Last edited by sirius631 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Re: Story Telling Challenge

Postby cony on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:15 am

Not fair! I couldn't write a story to save my life, I've got the ideas, a kind of story line and that's where it gets to. :cry:

I only just got through my English 'O' level at the second attempt. :oops:

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby sirius631 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

cony wrote:I only just got through my English 'O' level at the second attempt. :oops:

Cony 8)

I only got through on my third, so it's no excuse. Not that I'm stupid, as I came away with an 'A' grade in maths. My mum always said I was left handed, but taught to write with my right. This made my handwriting rubbish and slow, and put me off writing for a long time. These days, I write mainly with a keyboard, with which I'm quite fast.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby jjow on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm

David,
like you, I like to write but I do have a question on the term "title set".

After reading many of your blogs, I believe I can assume you come from a member nation of the Commonwealth (UK, Aud, NZ, etc.)

I don't understand that term. My book Paradise lost comes up only once in the book. I'm writing another called Indian Summer and that too, is a small part of the book. The tiles, though have a great implication within the book.

Could you help explain waht it means to an ignorant american.

Thaks. I enjoy your work.
jjow
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby sirius631 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks for the compliment, jjow. I only wish I had the courage, writing skill and tenacity to even think I could see a book in publication.

Anyway, back to the challenge. As I described in my opening post in the topic, I described how my teacher would give us a title and we had to write a story that fitted in with that title. That is to say, she set/dictated/gave us a title to match our story to. The title could form the entire theme to a story, or it could just alude to a critical plot device.

If I was to give you the title 'Ten Green Bottles', there are almost an infinate number of stories that can be told, from the large Bottle family with ten naive sons (or maybe they're just environmentally friendly), through the number of empties a drunk gets lined up on the bar, to the buyers of a highly rare and sort after French vintage.

I'm just curious about what people will come up with. I intended this to be a short story challenge (I don't want to crash Cat's Chat), so I better fix a total word count maximum of 10,000 characters, to be posted in 1,000 word replies.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sanua_chap on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

jjow wrote:David,

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think "title set" is not a term in the OP.

I think it is shorthand for the "title that was set."

In other words, Sirius gives us a title, and we try to write a story with that title.
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 am

sanua_chap wrote:
jjow wrote:David,

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think "title set" is not a term in the OP.

I think it is shorthand for the "title that was set."

In other words, Sirius gives us a title, and we try to write a story with that title.

It takes a smart guy to describe something in a few words when the rest of us take many. :wink: (note the amendment to the rules in the OP).
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 am

Thank, Cor, for being the first person to post a story in response. I'm sure nobody thought of that scenario.
Thanks to Stanley Windrush for the second post. I like the premise, but it's not yet a story.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby cony on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

I've just posted an answer to Sirius631's Story Writing Challenge...

My house, my rules à la Cony
http://www.chatbocks.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6043

Enjoy

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby cony on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I've just posted a continuation to my previous entry to Sirius631's Story Writing Challenge...

My house, My Rules à la Cony (Part 1›)
The Bucket List

http://www.chatbocks.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6126

Enjoy

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby dannythegreat on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Good stories everyone! :) Cony, do you plan on writing any more?
dannythegreat
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby cony on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:47 pm

dannythegreat wrote:Good stories everyone! :) Cony, do you plan on writing any more?

Yes I have another one in the pipe line which should tie up all the looses ends from the previous two stories (the last of the trilogy). After that? I don't know.

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby sirius631 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:18 am

Perhaps you'd like to suggest a title for the next round of stories?
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby cony on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

sirius631 wrote:Perhaps you'd like to suggest a title for the next round of stories?

Sirius631,
Thanks for the suggestion, just as long as no one will complain that I am fixing the title for my story line :P (just kidding). At the moment I am struggling with the last of my trilogy and hopefully I will finish it in April. In the meantime I will think of a title, but if anyone else comes up with a title jump in and suggest :idea:

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby cony on Sun May 05, 2013 12:38 pm

This part of the form has been a little too quiet lately so I have taken up Sirius631's challenge and I am suggesting a title for a new Story Telling Challenge. I have to be honest this is not the first title I thought of, that one was too closely related to my last part in the previous challenge (on its way, being proof read).

It came to me in a flash of inspiration :idea: a few days ago, and you can all relax apart from the first few words (Once apon a time...) and the last two words (The End) I have nothing in between only a very very vague idea. It will probably take me a month or two to get something out, but don't let that stop you all!

The title is :

A case of mind over matter

Rules as before.

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Next

Return to Fiction