Naturist Fiction Discussion

Stories and all other works of naturist fiction

Moderator: Moderators

Postby sirius631 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Please use this thread for the discussion of naturist fiction and of sites relating to this.
Last edited by sirius631 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 am, edited 9 times in total.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Re: Naturist Fiction Index

Postby old guy on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

There used to be one (I used to participate and got a new URL email in February 2008) naked-fiction.com- That URL seems to be dead now- ever hear of it anyone?
The one you have, Naturist-Fiction, I do remember reading it once or twice, the URL I have,last I saw it in 2007, was of a format not a lot like this one or naked-fiction as I knew it.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby sirius631 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Old Guy,

Your post has rekindled some memories amongst the members of the nudist clubhouse fiction forum. Someone else, other than Cor, posted that they remembered that site too.

Cheers,
David
Last edited by sirius631 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby corvds on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 am

Old-guy,

If that site was administered by someone with the pen-name 'North English', I was a moderator on that site for a while. I don't know what happened to it, myself. Around the time you mentioned (2008 ?), after it disappeared, there was an Internet archive (for want of a better term) floating about for a while that had a few of the the stories in storage (Babysitter, Model sister, among others) but with none of the last updates. Simon and Cedar tried to recover a lot of the stories on a new Bravenet forum (neither had copies - they tried to do it from memory) but that was shut down (a complaint from the 'Moral Majority', quite possibly). Simon is now running the nudist clubhouse 'Naturist fiction' site that sirius mentioned above but most of the better authors, like Lorrie & Cedar have left and gone on to other things. I still had some of the naturist-fiction, com stories on file and have posted them anew on Simon's nudist clubhouse site as has upnorth1066, another naturist-fiction graduate.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Bare_Truth on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Has any body tried the "way back machine" to resurrect the old site?
I recovered the "Barely Melissa" site there for her a year or so ago.
Bare_Truth
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby old guy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm

That web archive link, I think, has stories I thought I could remember from that site I used to visit back in 2007. That one is closest to what I think I remember anyway.

I thought I'd paid better attention to your links, missed "web archive" :oops: people here should really look over some of those links, the writing can actually be very good at times.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby old guy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

corvds wrote:Old-guy,

If that site was administered by someone with the pen-name 'North English', I was a moderator on that site for a while. I don't know what happened to it, myself. Around the time you mentioned (2008 ?), after it disappeared, there was an Internet archive (for want of a better term) floating about for a while that had a few of the the stories in storage (Babysitter, Model sister, among others) but with none of the last updates. Simon and Cedar tried to recover a lot of the stories on a new Bravenet forum (neither had copies - they tried to do it from memory) but that was shut down (a complaint from the 'Moral Majority', quite possibly). Simon is now running the nudist clubhouse 'Naturist fiction' site that sirius mentioned above but most of the better authors, like Lorrie & Cedar have left and gone on to other things. I still had some of the naturist-fiction, com stories on file and have posted them anew on Simon's nudist clubhouse site as has upnorth1066, another naturist-fiction graduate.

I can't remember names, just that each story could be added to by forum members and that some writers were both more prolific and/or better than others, I even did some of it myself.

Now that I think of it "North English" does sound familiar, pen name on this forum or that one?

I really should have been paying more attention to this thread!
old guy
Naked
Naked

Re: 'Invasion', Naturist Fiction.

Postby Bydand1980 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:37 am

It had a plain cover with the inscription ÔÇÿLove and Responsibility by Cardinal Karol WojtylaÔÇÖ.

I think I know where this is going!! I quoted a section from that book on my radio show a couple of months ago when I was talking about love and relationships. It's actually a very good book and well worth reading.

I'm really enjoying reading this story and I have to say that it's one of the better naturist fiction stories I have read and almost unique in terms of family orientated naturism, it's a pretty good piece of writing and something you should consider publishing in or through official naturist magazines.

I know that you were thinking about posting the story in another forum due to a lack of critical feedback but there really isn't much to make a comparison to and there is also a slight change in style from short story to a longer chapter based story which makes a big differance in what can be done to improve the story. Anyway, here are a few comments going right back to the start of the story.

Am I right in saying that the first few chapters were all intended to be one single short story? If that is the case then perhaps you could revisit them and expand on the characters backstories particularly Chloes family visits to France. You might also be able to find some space to be more descriptive about places and events (for example describing a place rather than just referring to the name of the town that many people won't know), this is something that you might not have had space to do in a short story format. There are a few places where dialogue might need to be altered to suit the age of the people and in a few places, to increase the level of emotion and intensity as it sometimes feels a bit like a report of speech from a viewers standpoint rather than actively drawing people into the story as a participant. I suppose what I am trying to say here is that in the longer story format you can stretch out the drama a bit more!! That aside, it's generally pretty good and nothing that a bit of proof reading, maybe with a couple of 'beta' readers helping, can't sort out.

As a series of short stories they are great but I actually think that this is moving towards a single naturist fiction novel with chapters that can be expanded although I know that would involve a wee bit more work for you!!!!

Well, for now, I like what I'm reading and look forward to the next chapter. I also hope that the comments and suggestions help.
Bydand1980
Topless
Topless

Postby corvds on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 pm

You might also be able to find some space to be more descriptive about places and events (for example describing a place rather than just referring to the name of the town that many people won't know),

While I agree with you in principle, (I, personally, would prefer to name the naturist centre near Bordeaux, as well) there are legal ramifications... Since both centres situated near Bordeaux are private enterprises, the owners might not appreciate the unwanted publicity, no matter how good the story. This would not be the case with a place like the Île du Levant or a municipality like Cap d'Agde (not that I would suggest for a moment that Sirius move his story to that modern day Sodom & Gomorrah). Also, as soon as Sirius identifies one particular centre, it becomes a must that he has more than a passing familiarity with the place (as far as I know, Sirius has not been in either one of these centres) or else he risks a lot of negative feedback from a person who knows the place well. I once wrote a fictional story situated in an unnamed state on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. I stipulated a law that varies from state to state as a plot device. The entire situation was described in two and a half sentences... Shortly afterwards, I received a three-page e-mail stating that I was full of sh*t, that the law was not like that, that the police officer concerned should be fired and God knows what else.
corvds
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: 'Invasion', Naturist Fiction.

Postby Bydand1980 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:22 am

You have a couple of fair points corvds but what I meant by being more descriptive was not nescessarilly about describing actual real places by name but just describing the layout of the places, the weather at the time, the feel of the breeze, the sun or the water on the body. I think you also misunderstood me a little bit. In some parts of the cycling sections of the story, Sirius refers to some places by name which is fine if you know the area but does not help to set the sceane so much if you don't know the area. As an example you could call the naturist center in France something like Helios Gironde which is totally fictional but use elements of various naturist resorts as a base for the description.

Here is an example which has nothing to do with the story but gives a good idea.

Instead of saying "nudity was also the norm at the restaurant in at Euronat.", this would be fine for a section of a short story that isn't important to the story but in a longer style you could expand that to say something like.......

"It was late in the evening when Chloe and her family headed towards the restaurant that lay at the heart of Helios Gironde Naturist Park. From their chalet it was a short walk to the restaurant, past the tennis courts and swimming pools with their various slides and a few hardy kids braving the cooling air and on past the line of large wooden buildings that made up the market place which blended in so well with the natural pine forest that surrounded the park and helped to re-enforce the closeness to nature that you could not avoid. Once there, the warmth from the open kitchen and patio heaters was inviting and this meant that people could dine au natural late into the evening. The smells of freshly cooked food drew the family into the restaurant and they each had a small glass of burgandy while they decided what to order. The menu was inspiring, using local meat with herbs and vegatables grown in the farms of the lush, fertile Gironde River plains. The seafood was also appetising as it had been brought fresh that evening from the small fishing boats landing their catch at Verdon-sur-mer. The best part of the meal that Chloe always loved was deserts, particularly the pastries and the chocolate fondant covered in fresh cream."
Bydand1980
Topless
Topless

Re: Naturist Fiction Discussion

Postby sirius631 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Thank to Cor for his post in the 'My House, My Rules.' fiction challenge. I must say, it's entirely different to where my own story has been heading. Hopefully I'll get to finish it once I've completed the Chloe series.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 am

The next insallment of the 'Chloe, In Confidence' series is up on the B.N. website. It is called 'The Circle of Life'.

http://www.bn.org.uk/community/blog/12/entry-1244-the-circle-of-life-part-1/
http://www.bn.org.uk/community/blog/12/entry-1246-the-circle-of-life-part-2/

Cheers,
David
Last edited by sirius631 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 am

The latest installment of the 'Chloe, In Confidence' series, is on the B.N. blog site. The story is called 'The Divide' and the link is here:

http://www.bn.org.uk/community/blog/12/entry-1250-the-divide/

Although this story is relatively short, I found it difficult to write, maybe due to the emotion of the storyline. You'll be pleased to know that the last story in the series is nearly complete, so it won't be much longer before I post that up as well.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:28 pm

sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby cony on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm

David,

I have read the last parts of your stories in the 'Chloe, In Confidence' series. When I read the penultimate part ('The Divide') I took an instant dislike to the way the story was going. I then read the last (two) parts ('Champs Elysees') and understood what happened in the previous part and how it lead to the end. Congratulations on a good series.

A good soppy end, but then we all like a happy ending! :wink:

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Next

Return to Fiction