Great British Skinny Dip

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Great British Skinny Dip

Postby ndy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 pm

So now we are in Septembare what are people’s views on the Great British Skinny Dip. Designed to encourage more opportunities for naturists and for spreading the message. In my opinion reading through the locations of events there is very little different than any other week/month with the usual swims etc in place. I don’t think we are creating many opportunities or getting more people involved in naturism.

Surely the idea of Septembare is to expand and not to maintain or am I missing something, I’d be happy to hear the views of the UK members on this subject, but also folks from further afield.
ndy
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Re: Great British Skinny Dip

Postby Petrus on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:05 am

Unfortunately you are probably right-preaching to the converted. It would be a real breakthrough,if those running public swimming baths could be persuaded to hold one or two costume free sessions during Septembare
Petrus

Postby ep on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 pm

I think it would be really great to organize this in the US.

It does seem that there are far too many people in the US that are sooooooo hung up on the idea of seeing a nude person as being totally shocking.

For example, it still amazes me the number of negative articles published regarding public breast feeding as something terrible.

Is the public attitude in Europe more tolerant?
ep
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby sanua_chap on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm

On the whole, I think Europe is much more tolerant about breastfeeding. But we still get the occasional person (of both sexes!) who is outraged by it.
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Return to General