Naturist camping

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Naturist camping

Postby old guy on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Most of these places, except AussieIan's River Island, would be a little too cool for an outdoor visit from late September onwards- right?
They do look nice :)
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby aussieian on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 am

old guy wrote:Most of these places, except AussieIan's River Island, would be a little too cool for an outdoor visit from late September onwards . . .

And conversely, River Island cools right down between May and September. It is situated in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales and, as the region's name would suggest, being well above sea level, it does get cold overnight in the cooler months.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby John P on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 pm

First part of mission accomplished; we hiked in Ocala National Forest and camped out beside the trail, had some nude encounters with other surprised hikers ("Will you got in trouble for that?" "Not unless you turn us in!") and a swim in Hidden Pond where Dan promised there wouldn't be any alligators--actually that part of Florida is dry scrub, not swamp. One night in a crummy motel (but with a working computer) and today the plan is to explore Playalinda Beach, then back down to Palm Beach for the Festival (where Dan and I will camp, so continuing to be relevant to this thread).
John P
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Happy camping John, rain & floods in the UK, I'm on high ground though. Image
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby chrisnaturel1 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:58 pm

My wife and I were on Playalinda beach back in March and saw dolphins actually in the breakers. A great beach, Have fun.
chrisnaturel1
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby ojn99 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Nude camping does sound pretty cool. I'd like to try it at some point. The simplicity of it all is appealing
ojn99
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby John P on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:19 am

I did indeed go to the Midwinter Festival, and had an excellent time. It was a pleasant respite from winter.

From front to rear, here is Rochel's rented tent, my tent which Dan and I shared and which our friends Milt and Jacques carried south in Jacques' car (all these people are part of our hiking group), and my friends' little trailer which I mentioned before. I did mention "maybe there'll be lovely snow" when we got home, and there abundantly was. But that was far away!

John P
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 am

Lovely picture John, looks much like a French campsite, I guess campsites(aka campgrounds)are much the same the world over...CHM Monta..

nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby The Tibetan Hat on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 pm

The better half and I do this most summers in the UK, I suppose in the many ways they do compliment each other. The risk of cold and discomfort, the reward of a genuine and refreshing experience. As with most naturist venues, other people are a degree friendlier and more forthcoming than in comparable textile places, and if you camp a lot in the UK it's important I mention how I've never heard loud music at any CO campsite!
The Tibetan Hat
Topless
Topless

Postby old guy on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:48 pm

The Tibetan Hat wrote:The better half and I do this most summers in the UK, I suppose in the many ways they do compliment each other. The risk of cold and discomfort, the reward of a genuine and refreshing experience. As with most naturist venues, other people are a degree friendlier and more forthcoming than in comparable textile places, and if you camp a lot in the UK it's important I mention how I've never heard loud music at any CO campsite!

I wouldn't have expected to hear that, I'd have thought that someone would be inconsiderate!
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby The Tibetan Hat on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:56 pm

old guy wrote:
The Tibetan Hat wrote:The better half and I do this most summers in the UK, I suppose in the many ways they do compliment each other. The risk of cold and discomfort, the reward of a genuine and refreshing experience. As with most naturist venues, other people are a degree friendlier and more forthcoming than in comparable textile places, and if you camp a lot in the UK it's important I mention how I've never heard loud music at any CO campsite!

I wouldn't have expected to hear that, I'd have thought that someone would be inconsiderate!

Well, last one we went to a chap was a little too friendly when he'd had a tipple. Thought it was enormous fun to burst through the door and shout 'bang!' while we were playing table tennis. There's never any licence to do that. But generally, for sure it's good times, just like the way folks at a naturist swim are approximately a zillion times more likely to talk to you than those at a regular swimming pool, same with beaches, same with everywhere naturist, no?
The Tibetan Hat
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Yes its absolutely correct that naturist campers are more friendly & like to chat much more so than campers at textile sites. It usually takes us at least 2 days to drive down through France. I don't do 10hour driving days on holiday so we stop at a campsite overnight, just a convenient one off the main road, not naturist & its suprising how different campers are on textile sites, everybody builds their own little wall around themselves, I think. Its the sharing of common purpose that does it for naturists, we all share the same 'hobby' so we have something in common. Just friendly banter & folk are always ready to lend a hand to help pitch tents or site caravans. Occasionally you will get somebody who seems a bit intrusive but its very rare. Of course when I tell textile friends that naturist campsites are more friendly than textile sites I always get a knowing look. :mrgreen:
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby valentinarosetti on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:29 am

we do nudist Camping in Croatia on the Island Hvar, its a nice privat Familyresort
valentinarosetti
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby nudewalker on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:55 pm

It seems that European resorts or campgrounds are more affordable that here in the US. The places I have inquired have both a camping fee plus a day rate which on a fixed income becomes cost prohibitive. I would be curious, what does a night of camping cost in France? Do you have to belong to a group such as AANR or TNS in the States to get a discount?
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Nightly naturist campsite fees in France relate directly to type of site & location in France & also time of season. Peak prices are in July & August when school holidays are on but hot weather in southern France can also be in May/June & Sept/Oct & fees are much lower, often half in these months. So fees for 2 people with tent, caravan or motorhome(RV)might be only 16Ôé¼ pn in a small rural inland site but a large coastal site like CHM Montalivet will charge well over 30Ôé¼pn, you also have to pay another 5Ôé¼pn for elecric hookup if you want it. The large sites on the south coast of France & Spain will charge 45Ôé¼pn Jul/Aug. These are prices for 2people. If you have a family the cost will be more.

The vast majority of French naturist sites nowadays do not require to see INF affiliate cards(ie a card from your own naturist organisation, BN in UK)& do not give discounts for 'card carrying' naturists. To me this is a good thing, campers should be able to go to a naturist campsite on a whim without feeling they need to be 'in the club'. Most French & Spanish naturist campsites operate on a purely commercial basis no different from the textile campsite just down the road. In the Dordogne department of France, in the inland south west there are some lovely rural sites that charge around 25Ôé¼ pn Jul/Aug & this is a favourite area of mine.
Last edited by nudecamper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

PreviousNext

Return to General