Chats

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Chats

Postby FrankT on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm

To help people looking for a live chat, I'm posting this as a sticky, so it won't get buried... (Courtesy of Azmodan)

Point your client there:

Server: irc.sorcery.net
Channel: #chatbocks

Or alternatively, just click the following link and chat right in your browser:

http://www.mibbit.com/chat/?server=irc.sorcery.net&channel=%23chatbocks
User avatar
FrankT
Moderator
Posts: 6723
Location: Long Island, New York, USA

Re: Chats

Postby Dare2Bare on Wed May 11, 2011 9:50 am

Is this still running? does anyone use it?
Dare2Bare
Fully clothed
Fully clothed
Posts: 15

Re: Chats

Postby FrankT on Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Dare2Bare wrote:Is this still running? does anyone use it?


I don't know if it's still there. But I haven't heard about it in a couple of years.
User avatar
FrankT
Moderator
Posts: 6723
Location: Long Island, New York, USA

Re: Chats

Postby DerekRayne on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:30 pm

The link does work, but most likely you will be the ONLY one in the room thus making it so you can talk to yourself. Maybe we can start it up again? We do, however, have to watch out for pervs.

-- Derek
User avatar
DerekRayne
Fully clothed
Fully clothed
Posts: 5
Location: Texas

Re: Chats

Postby Paulus on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Yup, I just spent a lonley 5 minutes on there :?
User avatar
Paulus
Topless
Topless
Posts: 916
Location: N/W England

Re: Chats

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm on just now. 5/8/11 1059
User avatar
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong
Posts: 2983
Location: UK/Scotland

Re: Chats

Postby Paulus on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Snap :wink:
User avatar
Paulus
Topless
Topless
Posts: 916
Location: N/W England

Re: Chats

Postby Eugenius on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 am

Maybe some sort of schedule would be a good idea? I know it'll be impossible to please everyone, since we're so globally distributed, but maybe a few defined get-together times for different parts of the world to start? And then maybe we try to work up to something that works for more than one continent? :)
User avatar
Eugenius
Topless
Topless
Posts: 801

Re: Chats

Postby FrankT on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Eugenius wrote:Maybe some sort of schedule would be a good idea? I know it'll be impossible to please everyone, since we're so globally distributed, but maybe a few defined get-together times for different parts of the world to start? And then maybe we try to work up to something that works for more than one continent? :)


Would anyone like to volunteer as a chat organizer?
User avatar
FrankT
Moderator
Posts: 6723
Location: Long Island, New York, USA

Re: Chats

Postby Eugenius on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 am

FrankT wrote:
Eugenius wrote:Maybe some sort of schedule would be a good idea? I know it'll be impossible to please everyone, since we're so globally distributed, but maybe a few defined get-together times for different parts of the world to start? And then maybe we try to work up to something that works for more than one continent? :)


Would anyone like to volunteer as a chat organizer?


I'll volunteer to be the hostess with the mostess. :) I'll put out a schedule sometime soon.
User avatar
Eugenius
Topless
Topless
Posts: 801

Re: Chats

Postby Eugenius on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 am

I've seen a few people sign on, and one or two even talk. We're getting somewhere! :)

I'd like to set up a weekly chat time for whoever can make it. I realize this is going to be hard with the number of time zones this board's members inhabit, but I'll give it a shot. So here's the first episode: I plan to be in chat on Tuesday August 16 starting around 7:00 PM EDT (2300 UTC) and I'll stick around until everyone else leaves, or until I have to do some motherly thing, or until I fall asleep. (Or if no one else shows up, I'll leave early. But I'll try to come back later!)

If this time doesn't work for you, feel free to show up later, or earlier. Or any other time. The door's always open, even if no one else is there. :)
User avatar
Eugenius
Topless
Topless
Posts: 801

Re: Chats

Postby FrankT on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Eugenius wrote:I plan to be in chat on Tuesday August 16 starting around 7:00 PM EDT (2300 UTC) and I'll stick around until everyone else leaves, or until I have to do some motherly thing, or until I fall asleep. (Or if no one else shows up, I'll leave early. But I'll try to come back later!)


Thanks for doing this, Nia.

However (and in the interest of avoiding confusion), isn't 7:00 PM EDT actually 2200 UTC? I'm assuming the Eastern time is the one you meant.
User avatar
FrankT
Moderator
Posts: 6723
Location: Long Island, New York, USA

Re: Chats

Postby Eugenius on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:58 pm

FrankT wrote:However (and in the interest of avoiding confusion), isn't 7:00 PM EDT actually 2200 UTC? I'm assuming the Eastern time is the one you meant.


No, I'm pretty sure I'm right. EDT is four hours behind UTC, EST is five hours behind. So since 7:00 PM is 1900, I'm pretty sure 2300 is right. But I'm not a math teacher. :)
User avatar
Eugenius
Topless
Topless
Posts: 801

Re: Chats

Postby FrankT on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Eugenius wrote:
FrankT wrote:However (and in the interest of avoiding confusion), isn't 7:00 PM EDT actually 2200 UTC? I'm assuming the Eastern time is the one you meant.


No, I'm pretty sure I'm right. EDT is four hours behind UTC, EST is five hours behind. So since 7:00 PM is 1900, I'm pretty sure 2300 is right. But I'm not a math teacher. :)


Can someone lend me a towel so I can wipe the egg off my face? :oops:
User avatar
FrankT
Moderator
Posts: 6723
Location: Long Island, New York, USA

Re: Chats

Postby Paulus on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm away then so can't join in but 2300 UTC is midnight BST. Maybe a bit late for the European contingent?

Having said that I often stay up after midnight but I think I'm in a minority :)
User avatar
Paulus
Topless
Topless
Posts: 916
Location: N/W England

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests