Working naked

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Working naked

Postby jessica on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:37 pm

It's not really about working naked but it's interesting to read anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42236608
jessica
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: Working naked

Postby old guy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:05 am

Interesting article! Thank you for posting it :)
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby nudecamper on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:13 am

If anybody wants to work naked CHM Montalivet employs beach & pool lifeguards for the summer season. Candidates would need a recognised life saving qualification & French language ability. :mrgreen:
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby The Tibetan Hat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah, pity the only mention of nudity was in the title! Where I work it's more the provision of weatherproof workwear rather than a uniform that is the issue, than being made to wear anything in particular.
The only time I'm naked at work is when changing from my cycling gear, which I'm not sure really counts. But I do have a friend who says one the reasons she doesn't cycle to work is the thought of being momentarily nude at her place of work, even in a changing room or staff loo, it's like she has a mental hurdle she can't overcome.
The Tibetan Hat
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:09 am

I’m sure the article in the link was “inspired” by a right on silicone valley type company that had days when their employees worked naked. Attitudes have changed over the years as to what employees can be required to wear at work. I recall a massive row a few yrs ago when a US company wanted to open their cafe chain in the UK & required the waitresses they recruited to wear tight shorts. The company backed down in the end & allowed a more conventional uniform.

What was considered “a bit of fun” a few decades ago, ie Playboy Bunny club, that sort of stuff is now considered sexist & insulting to women so things have changed very much. I think probably social media does this. Discussions that used to be within social groups are now put out there to be discussed worldwide.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby NudeGuy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm in that enviable position of being a self employed support tech who works from home. This allows me the opportunity to wear or nor wear anything I choose.....while I'm on homebase.

However it's been a little challenging of late. We've moved into a cluster development. I haven't met all the neighbours yet and also haven't installed suitable windows coverings nor air temp control units. I find that when the humidity hits 75% or more and the office temp gets over 25ºC, T-shirts are a definite requirement. Whilst the seat squab has a suitable towel covering the back of my faux-leather chair doesn't. It's almost akin to getting your tongue stuck to an ice block, only it's warm and tends to remain tacky.....

Over the 3-4 weeks my office has actually been getting as high as 35ºC, which means I added a wet cloth as a skullcap to my minimalist ensemble.
NudeGuy
Topless
Topless

Return to General