Swim wear

Talk about general nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Swim wear

Postby modestnudist on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:48 am

The baggy shorts, unfortunately. When we go to a textile beach in NJ, we don't frequent an area where I would be comfortable in Speedos. Besides, I don't look great in Speedos, and I think my wife would be a little uncomfortable if I wore them.
modestnudist
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Jima on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Aren't Speedos sort of a joke ? =D
Jima
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby FrankT on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Jima wrote:Aren't Speedos sort of a joke ? =D

How so?
FrankT

Postby calgarymark42 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Jima wrote:Aren't Speedos sort of a joke ? =D

You may find them amusing; I have worn this style of swimwear from the time I was no longer supposed to wear 'nothing' to now, aged 67. The materials have improved immeasurably from wool (yuk!) to the lightweight nylon/spandex materials currently in use. I cannot bear (bare?) to wear the baggy or even brief shorts beloved by north Americans; I thought 'street clothes' (which is what they are) were usually banned from pools. They represent for me a return to the Victorian era. If I have to wear a swimsuit, Speedo style it is. So far, no-one has complained to me.

Note that racing swimmers wear this style of suit (now that the high-speed polyester coveralls have been banned). In my opinion, the elderly matrons of all ages and genders who object to 'Speedos' need considerable re-education. Presumably they object to seeing the bulges of a normal male body; yet they probably wear just as revealing female-style one-piece suits or bikinis.

I totally fail to comprehend the male who objects to 'Speedos' and wears shorts, sometimes longer than knee length. These are dangerous to swimmers and in my view, incredibly ugly.

End of rant. :D
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby baboon on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:05 pm

I wear Spedo type trunks at the public pool.

Mrs bought me a "borrat" type Mankini but I havent worn it yet in public.

On a side note. I went to the local pool about two maybe three years ago, and found I had forgotten my trunks,
I nipped into town and the only thing I could but were a pair of white shorts, I duly put them on and walked through to the pool, dived in swam a couple of lenghs then started to walk round looking for my brother and cousin who I had come with, When I found them I walked up to my cousin who was sat on the side of the pool, she said "I know you like to let it all hang out but you might want to reconsider the new swimwear" I looked down and they were semi-transperant, and everyone could clearly see and as I wasn't at a nude swim, I had to stay in the water at least waist deep as long as I could. But it wasn't long before I left as I felt it would be unfair on the other swimmers if I accidedntly flashed, I even swam as close to teh exit as I could get before making my getaway, ( I have since worn them on the beach with no problems)
baboon
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby conial on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 am

Hello,
Anyone know where I can get some awesome funky pin-up swimwear. I only manage to see jammers with one color stripe down the side.
Last edited by conial on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
conial
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby swamp thing on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm

I think that perceptions of Speedos vary quite a lot from country to country. In the UK (at least amongst grown-ups) they are regarded as perfectly normal swimwear. I have heard that in France, only Speedos are permitted for men in public pools although I can't confirm this from personal experience.
swamp thing
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby calgarymark42 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 pm

I don't know what you mean by 'awesome funky swim clothing', but so far as I'm concerned there's only one acceptable type of textile swimwear - see my post above. It IS awesome, if you have to wear swimwear.
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby conial on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you
conial
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Previous

Return to General