Females being caught naked... something I've always wondered

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Females being caught naked... something I've always wondered

Postby nude-in-my-room on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:32 pm

So, I was watching a drama last night, and was reminded of something I've always wondered about.
A woman was drying off and getting dressed after a shower. A friend of hers came over but was unaware she had just gotten out of the shower and walked into the bathroom and caught her naked.
I noticed that the first instinct was to cover her breasts. She was not holding her towel, so she used her hands/arms.
If i guy was in the same situation, the first instinct is to cover our penis/testes, and I wonder why women do not have the same immediate reaction? To cover the crotch rather than breasts first?
Any female insight into this would be appreciated. :)
nude-in-my-room
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: Females being caught naked... something I've always wondered

Postby Frankie on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:21 am

Probably more about it being a tv program than what someone would do in real life. Most filming only shows the upper half of the body, so that is more likely the reason. Also I would think that my first reaction would be to reach for the nearest article of clothing rather than stand there with my hand covering myself.
Frankie
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby nude-in-my-room on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:31 am

Good point. :D
nude-in-my-room
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Dino on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 pm

Frankie wrote:Probably more about it being a tv program than what someone would do in real life.

Not necessarily. I've seen plenty of women -- first timers at a nude beach or at a WNBR ride, for example -- cover their breasts at first but make no effort to cover down below.
Dino
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby sanua_chap on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:47 pm

I know there is nothing offensive in the question, but I am uncomfortable about the fact that, yet again, we have a thread in which men are discussing women's bodies.

Can we please leave the question hanging unanswered unless some female wishes to answer it?
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:21 pm

sanua_chap wrote:I know there is nothing offensive in the question, but I am uncomfortable about the fact that, yet again, we have a thread in which men are discussing women's bodies.

Can we please leave the question hanging unanswered unless some female wishes to answer it?

What he said.
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby Petrus on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:06 am

sanua_chap wrote:I know there is nothing offensive in the question, but I am uncomfortable about the fact that, yet again, we have a thread in which men are discussing women's bodies.

I share your disquiet. Perhaps the males could excercise self-censorship,otherwiswe, it may be prudent to lock the thread. Peter
Petrus

Postby cony on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:46 am

Agreed

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby nudecamper on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:12 pm

It would a good idea to direct those with an interest in social/recreational naturism away from this sort of question which really is totally irrelevant to naturism. Rather than feeling he is being 'called out' over his question perhaps the op could gain advantage from being able to post on a naturist forum that can point naturists in the right direction?

Correct behaviour in a social naturist situation requires rather more than appropriate behaviour it also requires an appropriate mindset I think. That minset needs to be both asexual & non sexual rather more so than might be found in any form of textile social interaction.

Naturism should be slightly spiritual, somehow rising above thoughts about those around us as flesh & blood beings & more so an asexual & non sexual meeting of kindred spirits. I would hope that the op now has the answer to his question even if it was not the answer he was expecting.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:42 am

So what do you think Nude-in-my? Or what does anybody else think for that matter?
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby nude-in-my-room on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:11 pm

What do I think? ...
Hmmmm... what do I think. ...
SPOILERS!
I am ruddy pissed off. That's what the F*CK I am.

I can't.
I can't even.

... fine. f*ck it.

Frankie wrote:Probably more about it being a tv program than what someone would do in real life. Most filming only shows the upper half of the body, so that is more likely the reason. Also I would think that my first reaction would be to reach for the nearest article of clothing rather than stand there with my hand covering myself.

A. Will you confirm yourself as identifying Male or Female?
B. Good insight. Not talking directly regarding "women's bodies". Thank you for your post. But of course, I already acknowledged that when I said:
nude-in-my-room wrote:Good point. :D

"Also I would think that my first reaction would be to reach for the nearest article of clothing rather than stand there with my hand covering myself." - Me too!

Next:

Dino wrote:
Frankie wrote:Probably more about it being a tv program than what someone would do in real life.

Not necessarily. I've seen plenty of women -- first timers at a nude beach or at a WNBR ride, for example -- cover their breasts at first but make no effort to cover down below.

A. Will you confirm yourself as identifying Male or Female?
B. Also a good observation, and one I have made myself. STILL not talking about women's bodies, but rather the reaction of both Men and Women to being seen naked.

I think that some who frequently post on this chat board, who have irrelevant opinions, posted on the topic and perverted the thought/intent of the original question. Which ultimately I find very disappointing, as well as quite telling as to their mindsets.

Case in point:

"...but I am uncomfortable about the fact that, yet again, we have a thread in which men are discussing women's bodies."
- Show me where.

I posed what had, and should have been, a thought-invoking query regarding the psychological and physical instinct reaction to BEING CAUGHT NAKED, speaking of both MEN AND WOMEN. Ergo, ANY SEX SHOULD REPLY.

nudecamper wrote:It would a good idea to direct those with an interest in social/recreational naturism away from this sort of question which really is totally irrelevant to naturism. Rather than feeling he is being 'called out' over his question perhaps the op could gain advantage from being able to post on a naturist forum that can point naturists in the right direction?

= :? The "op" believes you are in the wrong chat line. Your post is irrelevant to the topic.
- Also, the post IS created in the correct area of the chat room; ie: :idea: "Nudity and Society" (Topics that are nudity related but NOT nudism)

To sum up, if you are someone reading the topic, and have nothing relevant to say about the original question, DON'T POST! I did not create the topic to listen to whiners or gather opinions on nudism, naturism, or spirituality. There are plenty of other threads around here that deal with those topics.
nude-in-my-room
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby The Tibetan Hat on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

I can't mansplain the original post either, but I do know my first instinct on seeing this thread is to cover my eyes.
The Tibetan Hat
Topless
Topless

Postby nude-in-my-room on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm done here. Admins might as well shut down the topic.
nude-in-my-room
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby FrankT on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:52 pm

nude-in-my-room wrote:I'm done here. Admins might as well shut down the topic.

Good idea. Done.
FrankT

Return to Nudity and society