Topfreedom blog

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Topfreedom blog

Postby old guy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

https://breastsarehealthy.wordpress.com/ for those of us who don't read the diaries, Nia recently posted this in her "Diary", it's well written, and worth a visit to read the various posts.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Re: Topfreedom blog

Postby nudewalker on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:43 pm

I did see Nina's diary entry and I have seen this blog shared on quite a few naturist sites. Lately I have been reading of efforts of some lawmakers that would enable local governments to enact laws against women being top free. Despite obvious double standards and slut shaming on the part of some representatives top free groups are fighting those laws. Unable to find any links to the stories as I post this but will add them if they do become available again.
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:50 pm

This does look rather strange from the UK side of the pond & it's not really an issue here. One reason probably is that even in summer we don't have that many days where it's warm enough to be comfortable without a top. The other reason would be it's no more against the law in the UK for women to be bare topped than it is for men. However most people are conformist so while men might take their shirts off in warm weather in the park, on beach or while working in their garden, generally they do not walk in a crowded street without a shirt. Some do & nobody really objects. If we get a spell of hot weather supermarkets will often put signs in their window reminding men to put on shirts before entering shop because most do not want to shop for food beside a man with no shirt on.

Women do not generally walk along the street with no top on either but if they want to sunbathe in park or beach with no top then nobody will object & if they did police would not be interested. I'm sure most US women have no desire to walk down their town streets with no top on any more than men but I'n sure most would agree that there should be nothing to stop them being topless on the beach or in their gardens. So good luck to you Americans with this campaign which is not required in UK where women already have this freedom which very few actually choose to exercise even in park or on beach.

Big difference I think is that in most US states it appears just simple nudity or for women even the exposure of breasts in public is regarded as a sexual offence whereas in the UK public nudity alone without any sort of sexual activity is not an offence. For anybody naked in a crowded place police would no doubt be called & find some other reason to detain naked person if they refused to dress & probably release them later without charge but for just a bare female top, most reaction would be amusment, I think & police would probably be uninterested.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby northlondoner on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:28 pm

It does seem more of a US issue, as being topless on a beach or in a park, whilst rare, is not so much of an issue in the UK.
northlondoner
Topless
Topless

Return to Nudity and society