The women I saw today

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

The women I saw today

Postby privatenudist on Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 am

Went to my local art museum today and saw several women and one or two young girls going braless. I wanted to cheer. First women should be able to dress that way if they so desire. Also the weather's getting warmer here in the Phoenix area: 88-89 F or 37-38 C.
I remember most women dressing like this when I was in college (I got my bachelor's degree in 1978). By 1980 this trend had all but stopped. The fashion industry was somehow able to convince young women that they had to wear bras. Then the extreme forms of American fundamentalism and everyone's desire to get offended and litigate reinforced this trend. Glad to see that women are now deciding for themselves again.

Lynn (a guy)
privatenudist
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Re: The women I saw today

Postby Petrus on Mon May 11, 2015 8:12 am

Men should tread very warily when discussing whether women should wear bras or not ,otherwise they will incur the wrath of our ladies!
Petrus

Postby nudecamper on Mon May 11, 2015 9:15 am

The op seems under the impression that it's only fashion that forces women to wear bras not personal choice. I've no idea what women wear under their clothes but I don't look that closely.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby nudewalker on Wed May 13, 2015 1:34 am

It is a choice to follow fashion. Personally, I think the whole industry is full of it. Kind of like what the auto industry was in the 50's and 60's, always change the models so everyone has to have the latest and newest. Anyway, reminiscing about Earth Day a few weeks ago Mrs. Walker recalled the first time she went braless in public while at a college celebration at the Quad on her campus. Being more of a free spirit and at a different school I remember dancing around a fire that night. Naked of course.
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby Simon1967 on Wed May 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Simon1967
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby nudewalker on Thu May 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Once again, I don't think it has as much to do with the nipple as it has to do with the fashion of the day. As was noted the 70's had the nipple tenting a shirt, then came the padded, followed by the wonder bra and now cut outs it seems. Also the focus has changed from the breast to the booty. As I mentioned before the industry is self perpetuating as it seeks to change what is in vogue from season to season.
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Thu May 14, 2015 4:55 pm

....and we wonder why the girls and women leave this forum? :oops:
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Thu May 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Hmmm, I think 'leaving a forum' is bit too dramatic to describe not posting on a page on the internet & nothing wrong with people posting their thoughts on here, I suppose? One either chooses to post or not post but I do wish those who start threads would actually continue to engage with the discussion. While the op makes an observation one does have to question whether its the sort of thing that should actually be observed? This was not a naturist situation, it was a public place, so is it ok to observe braless women in the situation the op describes & draw conclusions from it or could an academic study like this be confused with voyeurism in one's own mind or in the opinion of others, particularly the women concerned? What does everybody think?
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby nudewalker on Fri May 15, 2015 1:55 pm

As "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" the line between voyeurism and appreciation could be a thin one. Gawking is a give away but much as like the days of my youth once it becomes normal it looses it's shock value. Same as nude beaches; do males and females check each other out? Sure. Do they go over the line? Some males I have witnessed have but overall I've seen more obnoxious behavior on textile beaches. As for leaving the forum; there have to be bigger issues than this!
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby Offkilter on Sat May 16, 2015 9:54 am

Bras, especially underwire or others with metal in them are proven to increase cancer instance. The only concern for all women by men should be the detrimental effects the fashion industry has on our health.
Offkilter
Topless
Topless

Postby Nia on Sat May 16, 2015 11:47 am

calgarymark42 wrote:....and we wonder why the girls and women leave this forum? :oops:

I know, right?

It's pretty simple, really. Wear a bra if you want to. Don't wear one if you don't want to. It's nobody's business but your own. The reason you don't see women discussing this here is that we figured it out a long time ago.

-Nia, bra wearer and forum ghost

PS http://m.cancer.org/aboutus/howwehelpyo ... ast-cancer
Nia
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby kzoobob on Sat May 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Glad to see you back Niamh.

The only time you should worry about getting cancer from your bra is if is radioactive. Somebody in marketing might might think glow in the dark might be fashion but hopefully it won't catch on.

Peace.
kzoobob
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Return to Nudity and society