Clothes atop of suits?

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Clothes atop of suits?

Postby Offkilter on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Busy at the pool I frequent due to school vacation.
Today half of the kids were wearing something over their suits, mostly cotton tee shirts (both boys and girls), and shorts on two of the girls. Two dads had shirts on too!
In the locker room everyone but I took turns in the handicap toilet stall dressing and undressing.
Last week a dad brought his two little girls in, they showered nude, he did not. They both looked at me like they had never seen an all naked man, I suppose it is possible.
Offkilter
Topless
Topless

Re: Clothes atop of suits?

Postby old guy on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm

If they're going to wear all that, why bother with the suits?
I wonder why that father had his daughters shower nude but didn't do so himself or object to your doing so?
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby cony on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:06 am

I've also seen this, showering and changing in the showers or toilets, but at least you saw those who wore shorts over their swimsuits, I regularly see people wearing their underwear under their swimsuits (those big shorts things) :oops:

Cony 8)
cony
Sarong
Sarong

Postby nudewalker on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

I have wondered when all this began to change; but having been from a culture where nude swimming at the Y and skinny dipping in local ponds my perspective is different I suppose. Not long ago KC posted that they were admonished because their girls were clad in towels when others were wearing thongs! Perhaps the additional clothing at the pool could be that with the chill in th northeast they fel warmer? Or is there that much of a modesty issue? The two girls in th shower intrigue me, perhaps they were comparing you to their father and not that they had seen a naked man before?
nudewalker
Topless
Topless

Postby Gappy on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:40 pm

I used to teach swimming and noticed that the girls had a habit of pulling the front of their costume forward then letting go-I worked out this traps a bit of air inside the costume so it doesn't feel like it's clinging to a body they are aware is developing. I guess the t-shirts over costumes is a similar thing-it's based on insecurity I guess.
Gappy
Topless
Topless

Return to Nudity and society