The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society

Postby Offkilter on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:12 pm

My Lens.......

Men kill (especially) and rape other men at an alarmingly multiplied rate, over those acts against women.
Civilized society seems to hold no special exemption, through any religion.
Indigenous and tribal communities flourish without such aggression!
Offkilter
Topless
Topless

Postby John P on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Re Bill's last line there, I've read two books about tribal societies recently, and I won't try to generalize but in both cases they were far from idyllic. The books were Under the Mountain Wall by Peter Matthiessen (set in New Guinea) and Into The Heart by Kenneth Good (in South America). In both cases deadly violence was common, and so was rape. I got the two books out of a library in suburban Boston, so I'm sure they're available easily, and they were both good reading.

The level of violence was especially chilling among the people in the Baliem Valley of New Guinea. The tribe Matthiessen stayed with was constantly at war with its neighbors, and apart from ceremonial pitched battles (which involved a lot of display and shouting, though there were certainly casualties) the tribes would launch surprise raids and sneak attacks, in which they would kill anyone from the enemy group that they encountered, even children.

I could go on, but the real point is that in a fair number of cases, modern society gives people a greatly reduced chance of being someone else's victim. To bring nudity into the story, in both these tribes people wore vestigial clothes (sad to say, they weren't completely naked) but if we want to imagine primitive society as Eden, it just isn't that way.
John P
Topless
Topless

Postby aussieian on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Almost a full year on, and the Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society appears to be gaining plenty of new members, perhaps more so as the weather warms in the northern hemisphere.

As with most of us who enjoy the skin we're in, it's been interesting to note their increasing comfort with total nudity, albeit in private venues. I note that they are now planning an outdoor nude art class because, they say, such classes are permitted by law in at least one of their outdoor venues.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby old guy on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Apparently they spent Christmas Eve at a Spa ( a tradition of theirs) ÔǪin spite of it being 70┬░F outdoors.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby northlondoner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:09 pm

They are still going strong after six years. Some of their gatherings are in parks, but as with naturism, some in places not open to the public generally, a rooftop hotel being one favourite.
northlondoner
Topless
Topless

Postby old guy on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 pm

I looked at their site a few days ago…still in operation.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Previous

Return to Nudity and society