The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society

Postby Eugenius on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 am

Now here's an organization that's got it all. Reading, outside, with no tops. Love it. :)

(and no, this has nothing to do with naturism/nudism, and to me that's not a problem. The more I think about it, the more I think naturism/nudism's ultimate goal should be to eliminate itself as a concept - that is, to change society so that nudity is as acceptable as clothing, and we don't need special -isms to advocate for it any more. That there are people - women especially - who don't give a bleep about the -isms but just want to have fun naked (or halfway there) is, to me, a sign of progress. The more, the merrier. :)
Eugenius
Topless
Topless

Re: The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society

Postby FrankT on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 am

Eugenius wrote:The more, the merrier. :)

If we're naturists, shouldn't we be saying the less the merrier? :P
FrankT

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 pm

FrankT wrote:
Eugenius wrote:The more, the merrier. :)

If we're naturists, shouldn't we be saying the less the merrier? :P

Yes, well, more or less.
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Eugenius wrote: (and no, this has nothing to do with naturism/nudism, and to me that's not a problem. The more I think about it, the more I think naturism/nudism's ultimate goal should be to eliminate itself as a concept - that is, to change society so that nudity is as acceptable as clothing, and we don't need special -isms to advocate for it any more. That there are people - women especially - who don't give a bleep about the -isms but just want to have fun naked (or halfway there) is, to me, a sign of progress. The more, the merrier. :)

Yes! :D Power to the people! (Or something.)
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby Gymnos42 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:10 am

Great organization and cool blog. Thanks for posting that, Nia!'
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby Sammy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Eugenius wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think naturism/nudism's ultimate goal should be to eliminate itself as a concept - that is, to change society so that nudity is as acceptable as clothing, and we don't need special -isms to advocate for it any more.

This. 1000 times over.
Sammy
Topless
Topless

Postby sirius631 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 am

Sammy wrote:
Eugenius wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think naturism/nudism's ultimate goal should be to eliminate itself as a concept - that is, to change society so that nudity is as acceptable as clothing, and we don't need special -isms to advocate for it any more.

This. 1000 times over.

I totally agree, but for this to happen we need to break out of our ghetto beaches and fenced off clubs. Although we have the occational brave sole that goes free-range, we are nowhere near making it the norm. FIrstly, we need more naturist run businesses putting on more naturist events and clothes optional events. This should then move on to a permenant clothes optional status.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby Paulo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:12 am

Completely agree, I know a lot of people often mention that we need more beaches & places to go. However what we do not need is for every single beach to be split into two, with each part completely fenced off, and one half being clothing optional. I think most people would rather have the option of every beach being clothing optional, with people being able to mix, and having it become more socially acceptable.
Paulo
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby Naturgesetz on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Paulo wrote:Completely agree, I know a lot of people often mention that we need more beaches & places to go. However what we do not need is for every single beach to be split into two, with each part completely fenced off, and one half being clothing optional. I think most people would rather have the option of every beach being clothing optional, with people being able to mix, and having it become more socially acceptable.

We seem to have a chicken and egg problem here. I don't think most people would rather have the option of every beach being CO, although probably most naturists would. Our problem is getting from here to there. If "textiles" never get used to seeing naked bodies, they will continue to oppose it's being generally permitted. If it isn't generally permitted, they'll never get used to it. The only way forward, I'm afraid, is gradualism.

Every favorable report on naked activities helps the cause, of course.
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby Nudezilla on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Every favorable report on naked activities helps the cause, of course.

Agree totally.
Nudezilla
Topless
Topless
Location: Serendipity Park, Cleveland, Georgia, Planet Earth, USA

Postby sirius631 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm

We also need legal backup for when the legal bodies try it on with innocent nude gardeners, sunbathers, walkers or cyclists.
sirius631
Topless
Topless

Postby sanua_chap on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 pm

sirius631 wrote:We also need legal backup for when the legal bodies try it on with innocent nude gardeners, sunbathers, walkers or cyclists.

Which is one reason why the wife and I are members of British Naturism. It's not perfect, but it does provide the best protection we have in those circumstances.
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

I'm considering this, but I have reservations.
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby northlondoner on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Eugenius wrote:Now here's an organization that's got it all. Reading, outside, with no tops. Love it. :)

(and no, this has nothing to do with naturism/nudism, and to me that's not a problem. The more I think about it, the more I think naturism/nudism's ultimate goal should be to eliminate itself as a concept - that is, to change society so that nudity is as acceptable as clothing, and we don't need special -isms to advocate for it any more. That there are people - women especially - who don't give a bleep about the -isms but just want to have fun naked (or halfway there) is, to me, a sign of progress. The more, the merrier. :)

Have to say I agree with the sentiment that naturism should ultimately be a non-concept. The appreciation society seems a group having fun as well.
northlondoner
Topless
Topless

Postby Superpan on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:39 am

So, is it only Pulp Fiction or all forms of reading? For a minute, I almost thought this a reference to the movie....which would just be a really over-specific organization.
Superpan
Topless
Topless

Next

Return to Nudity and society