Politics and nudism. Please read!

Topics that are nudity related but not nudism

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Politics and nudism. Please read!

Postby sanua_chap on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:14 pm

To be fair, he posted to ask us to fill in his survey, not to start a discussion thread on this bulletin board. He never promised us he would engage with us in person; he simply asked for our help with his project. I have no problems with that.
sanua_chap
Topless
Topless

Postby Skyclad2015 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:43 am

It may be a good idea to moderate the first 3 or 4 posts from new members before they are posted on the board.
Skyclad2015
Topless
Topless

Postby nudecamper on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:08 am

It depends how you view it Sauna, or perhaps how the mods view it? Plenty of forums take a dim view of students doing their research the easy way by simply posting an op requesting information & not engaging with other members. Students are in fact losing out by this. They put their op on a forum where they think there may be people who have info on the op's research subject & tend to forget that forum my have members who know far more about the subject than they, the student does & that further engagement with other posters may gain the student more knowledge.

My view is if any new poster posts an op requesting info is that they should engage with other posters over several posts. One could argue that if info is required & that info is gained then the forum has done it's job as far as that new poster is concerned but not posting back not just to thank other forum members but to answer any questions is just plain rudeness. It is the op using the forum for his/her own ends without thinking that other posters might actually have some questions for the op themselves. To me a forum exists for discussion & exchange of views not just demands for information.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:50 pm

I don't think I would be in favor of sending new members' posts into a Moderated queue. That would just delay them going up on the board, which could discourage the new member. We do watch the posts, of course. And if they are out of line, we either warn the new member or simply ban him or her.

As far as people asking for information, I have no problem with that. No one is forcing anyone else to respond.
FrankT

Postby nudecamper on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Yes I would agree that things are fine as they are. Any op within the parameters of the scope of this forum can & should be posted. My point was that the op would probably gain much more of the info that they sought by interacting with other forum members over several posts & also make a more interesting thread.
nudecamper
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Seems to me that the O.P. was looking forward to the forthcoming US elections and trying to see if there was a correlation between nudism and political opinion. Americans are so politicised and with essentially only two parties to 'choose' from, I got the impression the O.P was trying to see if there is a simple correlation - e.g. (highly improbable?) nudist tea parties . . . :?

I try to dissociate my recreation time (nudism) from politics and I believe many other nudists do too; for many of us taking the clothes off also metaphorically means discarding for a time the cares of the world around us. The O.P. failed to take that into account. As some have pointed out, dialogue with us would have enlightened the O.P. and perhaps might have improved the quality of the eventual survey.

'Nuff sed - let's move on. :)
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby aussieian on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:48 am

nudecamper wrote: . . . . One could argue that if info is required & that info is gained then the forum has done it's job as far as that new poster is concerned but not posting back not just to thank other forum members but to answer any questions is just plain rudeness. It is the op using the forum for his/her own ends without thinking that other posters might actually have some questions for the op themselves. To me a forum exists for discussion & exchange of views not just demands for information.

Thanks Nudecamper,

I could not agree more. This is the point I was trying to make in my earlier (January 20) post. The OP has gone to all the trouble of joining this forum, obviously for the purpose of, as you say, "furthering his own ends" and, having received several replies (including yours) where forum members did their level best to interpret his survey, has not had the manners to actually say "thank you". In this modern (and increasingly manner-less) age, where a disturbing proportion of the population lives 24/7 with some sort of communication device seemingly surgically attached to their body, the failure of the OP to actually open the device and simply type: "thanks everyone for your input" is inexcusable. In my (long ago) youth, a common saying was: "manners maketh the man".

After the Bob Lucas "blow in" episodes of 2007 and 2008, I am increasingly wary of newly arrived information seekers. For what it's worth, I have never ever considered that my nudism is in any way, shape or form linked or aligned to my political preferences - whatever they may be :?

By the way, the lady that I mentioned in my earlier post from the Australian nudist forum who sought advice on her own self-image problems, has now responded and thanked all who answered (including yours truly) for their advice and encouragement. With her confidence restored, she and her husband have now made a booking at a nearby nature retreat.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

[Sorry, CalgaryMark - I just had to get that off my chest :) ]
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 pm

aussieian wrote:
Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

[Sorry, CalgaryMark - I just had to get that off my chest :) ]

No worries, mate. I thought the same about the lack of a courteous - or any! - response.
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby Bboy1986 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 pm

I am sure you are long finished with the study but I went ahead and answered the questions anyway. I think nudists are much more diverse politically than people would assume. I have met people on all areas of the political spectrum.
Bboy1986
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Previous

Return to Nudity and society