Fake personas

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fake personas

Postby aussieian on Thu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Shortly after Cat started this thread, I sent her a PM regarding my concerns over one of the "young women" in question. Much later, I developed a lesser degree of concern about one of "her" peers, but I did not report it. And the demise of the other "young woman" has caught me completely by surprise.
In the aftermath of the terrorist events in New York, London and elsewhere, signs have appeared on Sydney railway stations which say: "If you see something, say something". Maybe we should apply that philosophy on this forum.
For me, it has certainly proven that you can't always pick "them".
Thanks, Cat, and moderators, for your vigilance, and for keeping this a safe place.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Thu May 06, 2010 5:48 pm

aussieian wrote:In the aftermath of the terrorist events in New York, London and elsewhere, signs have appeared on Sydney railway stations which say: "If you see something, say something". Maybe we should apply that philosophy on this forum.

Thanks, Cat, and moderators, for your vigilance, and for keeping this a safe place.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

Well said, Ian; I agree. However there was a young lady in Kent, England, a year and a half ago who was experiencing bullying and who sought advice and help here; she received it and was grateful. Discerning the authentic is really tough, but we should do it.

A thought for Cat and the Moderators: Should there be some sort of screening before being allowed to post a first (or any ) time? A lot of work, and loss of freedom to 'instantly reply' unless there are levels of management. I'm not advocating it - just raising the topic.
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Thu May 06, 2010 6:09 pm

calgarymark42 wrote:A thought for Cat and the Moderators: Should there be some sort of screening before being allowed to post a first (or any ) time? A lot of work, and loss of freedom to 'instantly reply' unless there are levels of management. I'm not advocating it - just raising the topic.

It would be a lot of work--especially for Cat. :( And, as you say, it would mean a loss of freedom. In fact, we have considered something like this. But my own feeling is that we're better off staying the way we are. That means making it easy to join, but also being ready and willing to ban members if we discover that they are fake, or if they are somehow damaging to the board.
FrankT

Postby davidk on Sat May 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Just want to add my appreciation to Cat and the mods. You make this a pleasant place to hang out and escape the day-to-day, and you do it in the same with the same concern that you've nurtured in the site. If I were a few decades younger, I'd say you rock!
davidk
Topless
Topless

Postby Offkilter on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 am

Were the personal attacts in the "Skinbook founder..." topic real, or was it more than one fake persona battering another of the same ilk?
In the past, the locking moderator would give a reason why. In this case the reason was clear, we don't allow no brawl-en in here!
Offkilter
Topless
Topless

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, having (alleged) different personas on different sites isn't the same as multiple personas on the same site.
Whilst I only activly use the SBC persona, I think I have an old one that I don't actually use somewhere, in fact I can't even remember what site it was for. I think Pigeon (Correct me if I'm wrong fastfood.) said he had another one. (That he used on different sites to this one.)
The issue isn't really the personas themselves. It's the setting out to decieve. As in the problem that started this thread, where someone was pretending to be a teenage girl, or girls.
Remember, "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
idog.jpg
On the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
idog.jpg (44.47 KB) Viewed 18865 times

I at least admit I'm a middle aged tomcat, married, with kitten(s) (Number, gender, & age not admitted.)
BTW there is no copyright info on this pic, & it's been very widely used on the internet. if you own the copyright & object to this use of it, say & I'll take it down.

I think the spat was enough to lock the thread. The mods can decide if they want to discuss it further with the two protagonists, & the rest of us needn't even know.
Last edited by sandy_beach_cat on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:04 pm

davidk wrote:Just want to add my appreciation to Cat and the mods. You make this a pleasant place to hang out and escape the day-to-day, and you do it in the same with the same concern that you've nurtured in the site. If I were a few decades younger, I'd say you rock!

And I'll second that!
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby Gymnos42 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:49 pm

sandy_beach_cat wrote:
davidk wrote:Just want to add my appreciation to Cat and the mods. You make this a pleasant place to hang out and escape the day-to-day, and you do it in the same with the same concern that you've nurtured in the site. If I were a few decades younger, I'd say you rock!

And I'll second that!
To both of you that's very much appreciated. Thanks! :D
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby fatpizzaman on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 am

truro-n-free wrote:Were the personal attacks in the "Skinbook founder..." topic real, or was it more than one fake persona battering another of the same ilk?
In the past, the locking moderator would give a reason why. In this case the reason was clear, we don't allow no brawl-en in here!

I don't know who shrewdnude is, but I for one *am* a real person. I'm 39, and live in Brisbane in Australia. I also have a MySpace and YouTube site under my handle at: http://www.myspace.com/fatpizzaman and http://www.youtube.com/user/fatpizzaman

I agree that bullying and baiting has got no place on this forum. Thank you to Cat and the moderators for working to keep this a safe and friendly community for all - there aren't too many nudist sites like this on the Net.

Naturally,

Dario Western
fatpizzaman
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby ml on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 am

I think Im safe nobody poses as an old man like me .
I do want to thank cat, the board and the moderators for all their hard work to keep this site the way it started out. I haven't posted in a while but i do like visiting here occaisionally. it nice to visit a real site for nudists - i have been one over 50 year now - so many of the good sites are gone or taken over by perverts.
ml
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby old guy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Any known fakes in the last couple of years?

I wonder if some of the "sign up, yet never come back" forum members have been potential "fakes" who just lost their nerve?
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I think they may have thought that if they signed up, they would get access to pictures or something, & left when they didn't.
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby old guy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 pm

sandy_beach_cat wrote:I think they may have thought that if they signed up, they would get access to pictures or something, & left when they didn't.

Most of the Nudist/Naturist sites I look at don't provide much of a "cheap thrill" with what pictures they have, this forum has never had much "thrill" to it, I've never minded that at all.
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby cjpilotboy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 am

Im on 3 sites with the same handle as this one, International Young Naturalist Organization and the naturist-christians one. So if you ever speculated just check my back stories on both sites, because they both require an introduction. I would imagine that if a 'fake' persona would have the same handle on multiple sites and different back stories or similar ones that contradict each other. But thats just a random thought.
cjpilotboy
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby Murry on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Kez wrote:
im sure there are 13 year old girls out there who are nudists, i was one once after all! but i think they have better things to do than write suspiciosly mature sounding articles for this forum.

I disagree, as I am 13 (and human!), and I think that 13 year olds could write a long mature sounding post without too much trouble.
Murry
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements