Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Avatars

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Tue May 11, 2010 10:52 pm

noodtoonist wrote:I'm happy for my art to be used for avatars. I'm even happier if I'm also paid $10,000... ;)

I'm almost tempted to send you a pic of myself to avatarise! However I haven't got a spare $10,000. :(

BTW, does anyone know why the smilies keep going off?
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

Postby noodtoonist on Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 am

I also accept Monopoly $$$! :D

Actually I know of a few people who have avatarised my art for use in forums. Way cool. Back when I produced my first story I gave readers the opportunity to send in pics of themselves so they could be drawn into the comic. It seemed like a good idea at the time until I realised it wasn't that easy (especially getting their drawing to look like them) - I think about 30 people took me up on that offer and I've seen at least one of those people use the drawing of himself as a forum avatar.
noodtoonist
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Dare2Bare on Wed May 11, 2011 10:33 am

Ooops i had better change mine, but it goes to show you just how stupid the ISP is banning full frontal images, especially for a naturist forum... :(
Dare2Bare
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Dare2Bare on Thu May 12, 2011 6:53 am

Is my Avatar acceptable?
Dare2Bare
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Petrus on Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 am

Why do we need nude photographs? As Cat says in her introduction
ÔÇ£We do not host nude photos. The writing speaks for itself without the need for images of nudity.ÔÇØ

i think that somebody draped nude over a sofa looks rather weird. What is wrong with a simple head and shoulders?
Peter
Petrus

Postby Dare2Bare on Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 am

This is sounding more like the textile forums with that attitude, sorry but i find your remark offensive. I dont think this photo weird and i'm sure other 'real' naturists on here wouldnt find it weird. I was led to believe this was a naturist forum, an appreciation of the human form without the sexual connotations. If you find the sight of me weird, i find the sight of you equally weird and if you wish to insult new members then, this obviously isnt the place for me. Goodbye.....
Dare2Bare
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby aussieian on Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 am

Dare2Bare wrote: . . . If you find the sight of me weird . . .

Not at all, I'm a nudist.
But unfortunately, whether any of us like it or not, as the saying goes: "them's the rules" - as espoused by Cat's service provider. Consequently Cat, her moderators, and the rest of us are obliged to abide by those rules. If we flaunt them, there will, in all likelihood, be no forum.
Please don't take your bat and ball, and go; I'm sure that you have much to offer.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Petrus on Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Just to clarify-the rules of the ISP are irrelevant, as Cat, at the outset, stated that she did not want nude images and I donÔÇÖt consider the matter is negotiable. If other websites, which allow nude photographs, are typical, then most of the photographs will consist of portly middle-aged men, posing to give overdue prominence to their genitals and the moderators having to decide what constitutes an erection
Petrus

Postby rainbow lorikeet on Thu May 12, 2011 7:45 pm

-
Last edited by rainbow lorikeet on Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainbow lorikeet
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Petrus, AussieIan, Valesch - well said, I agree.
Dare2Bare, when you come into someone's house, you abide by the house rules. This is Cat's house and them's the rules. Welcome back or 'Bye - it's your choice.
Personally, I don't feel the need for or use an avatar. I used to have a 'British Bulldog' avatar, but it vanished somehow and I never bothered to replace it.
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby Gymnos42 on Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 pm

calgarymark42 wrote:Dare2Bare, when you come into someone's house, you abide by the house rules. This is Cat's house and them's the rules. Welcome back or 'Bye - it's your choice.
Well said.
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby Bare_Truth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Given the statement...............
FrankT wrote:We've had a couple of cases recently where members have posted avatars with full frontal nudity.
Just a reminder: We can't allow this. This isn't our rule. Cat's web host doesn't allow frontal nude images. So posting them here could jeopardize the future of this board.Thanks for your understanding. :)

.......... and not wanting to get off on the wrong foot, I thought I had ought to ask about the acceptability of my preferred avatar. I have seen the issue of prohibiting full frontal nudity in avatars addressed on other boards. In some cases it was simply a self imposed rule of the board and not imposed by others outside of the board. However, I have seen it broadly applied, or in other cases, only applied to photographs of humans and not to artwork in the form of paintings or drawn images.

So just to clarify before posting my preferred avatar I made up a modified version that should pass muster with the intention of asking if the avatar would pass muster without the obvious modification.

The left half of the avatar is adapted from the Pioneer Space Probe Plaque intended to bear greetings to any extra terrestrials who might find it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_plaque

The right half of the avatar is adapted from a painting by Cranach the Elder (October 1472 ÔÇô 16 October 1553)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranach_the_Elder ......... http://store.artchive.com/showprint.aspx?pid=698129

The avatar is a smaller version of this image, (I did not want anyone to have to squint to see it.)
Adam+Eve+Fig_Leaves_Avatar-345x300.jpg
Adam+Eve+Fig_Leaves_Avatar-345x300.jpg (35.21 KB) Viewed 7304 times

So, for me to use this as an avatar does the modification have to stay or not?
Bare_Truth
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby FrankT on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:So, for me to use this as an avatar does the modification have to stay or not?

I have no problem with either of the avatars--with or without the fig leaves. :)
FrankT

Postby Bare_Truth on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 pm

FrankT wrote:... I have no problem with either of the avatars--with or without the fig leaves. :)

Cool, Now my Adam and Eve avatar can be naturists too.

I developed this avatar because I found it interesting to juxtapose a 16th century fundamental representation religious conception of the basic human unit with a 20th century scientific conception of the same. I found it interesting to contemplate the similarities and differences of the views. For example both originated with a sense of looking to the future from the point of view of the characters in the images, etc.
Bare_Truth
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby sandy_beach_cat on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 am

I'm glad you said that Frank! :)
sandy_beach_cat
Sarong
Sarong

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements