New forum software

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New forum software

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:37 am

[quote="Karadhas"] . . . What I'd really like to know is how to get the layout set back to having the body on the right and the avatar/name on the left >.<[/quote]

I'll drink to that.

Yours dyslexically,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:45 am

Can someone tell me why some quotes don't look like quotes anymore? In the post above, I did all the same things I did in the previous version (maybe that's the problem?) - even to the extent of deleting my post and re-doing it - but it's still not a proper quote. It would appear, on this thread at least, that I'm not the only one who is having trouble with quotes.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Petrus on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 am

[quote="aussieian"]Can someone tell me why some quotes don't look like quotes anymore? In the post above, I did all the same things I did in the previous version (maybe that's the problem?) - even to the extent of deleting my post and re-doing it - but it's still not a proper quote. It would appear, on this thread at least, that I'm not the only one who is having trouble with quotes.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.[/quote]

I am having the same problem, but Frank T and Naturgesetz seemed to have conquered it!
Petrus

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:31 am

[quote="Petrus"]I am having the same problem, but Frank T and Naturgesetz seemed to have conquered it![/quote]

Exactly! So I noticed. Is this new forum software "USAr friendly?"

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:24 pm

aussieian wrote:
Petrus wrote:I am having the same problem, but Frank T and Naturgesetz seemed to have conquered it!

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

You obviously haven't made your contribution to the FrankT charitable trust. That will fix the problem. :wink:

Seriously, I have no idea why it's working for some and not others. Cat??
FrankT

Postby Petrus on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 pm

[quote="FrankTYou obviously haven't made your contribution to the FrankT charitable trust. That will fix the problem. :wink: [/quote]

The cheque is in the post!

P.S. Why is the time shown as UTC + 1hr.? Surely UTC is to all intents and purposes is the same as GMT , which we are using at present and not BST which = UTC + 1hr.
Petrus

Postby Gymnos42 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:42 pm

[quote="aussieian"][quote="Petrus"]I am having the same problem, but Frank T and Naturgesetz seemed to have conquered it![/quote]

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.[/quote]As you can see I ran into the same problem.
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Yet, in the meantime, I've done successful "quotes" on at least two other threads. In doing so though, I have noticed that the "post a reply" format on those threads had the usual "reply" options such as bold, italic, underline, etc., whereas a "reply" on this (Announcements) thread does not. But that doesn't explain why it works for Frank T and Naturegesetz on this thread, and not us. I can't even find a sad smiley to express my unhappiness!

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Naturgesetz on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:49 pm

[quote="aussieian"]Yet, in the meantime, I've done successful "quotes" on at least two other threads. In doing so though, I have noticed that the "post a reply" format on those threads had the usual "reply" options such as bold, italic, underline, etc., whereas a "reply" on this (Announcements) thread does not. But that doesn't explain why it works for Frank T and Naturegesetz on this thread, and not us. I can't even find a sad smiley to express my unhappiness!

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.[/quote]I can't explain it either.

Edited to say that now it isn't working for me either. But it may be that earlier I had inserted the whatchamacallems at the beginning and end of the quote manually, rether than clicking the "Quote" button.
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby Naturgesetz on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:56 pm

[quote="aussieian"]But that doesn't explain why it works for Frank T and Naturegesetz on this thread, and not us. I can't even find a sad smiley to express my unhappiness!

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.[/quote]
This time I copied and pasted from Ian's post and then inserted the brackets before and after.

Edited to add, "Observe the unpleasant result." I seem to have lost my touch.
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 pm

[quote="Naturgesetz"] . . . now it isn't working for me either . . .[/quote]

The mystery deepens. Perhaps Frank's moderator status gives him super powers to do greater things on Announcements threads?

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Naturgesetz on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:39 pm

[quote="aussieian"][quote="Naturgesetz"] . . . now it isn't working for me either . . .[/quote]

The mystery deepens. Perhaps Frank's moderator status gives him super powers to do greater things on Announcements threads?

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.[/quote]I think I figured it out. Those quotes at the beginning ofthe thread were made before the new software was running.

Demand a refund from FrankT!!
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby aussieian on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:50 pm

[quote="Naturgesetz"] . . . Those quotes at the beginning of the thread were made before the new software was running . . . [/quote]

Good thinking! I've also noticed that posting on this thread does not increase your post count - which sort of figures, since it's designed for announcements, not conversations.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:42 am

aussieian wrote:
Naturgesetz wrote: . . . now it isn't working for me either . . .

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

I don't know why moderator status would have anything to do with quoting.
FrankT

Postby Cat on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:04 am

Quotes don't appear correctly if you have BBCode disabled. If you have a look in your user control panel make sure you have it turned on. If you look at the options below when you are making a post you will see one called 'Disable BBcodes'. Make sure it's not selection. If you can't see the option there or are still having problems then let me know.
Cat
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements