New forum software

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New forum software

Postby Naturgesetz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Cat wrote:The post count was removed to slim down the avatar area as I didn't feel that is was particularly important to be visible all the time. I've put it back now.

Searches should now work. When the database was converted for the new software it didn't do the search index but that's now been done.
Thanks for being so responsive to requests.
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby aussieian on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Cat wrote:The post count was removed to slim down the avatar area . . . I've put it back now.

Thanks, Cat (yet again).

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby davidk on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:08 pm

I like the new "directory" structure for Locations. Should be very useful for us travellers.

Is there any way, though, to get the long list at the end of the "Jump to" list? I use that a lot for navigating, and some more common forums are now harder to jump to.

PS, I really like the new format, Cat. Quite classy.
davidk
Topless
Topless

Postby Naturgesetz on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm

davidk wrote:Is there any way, though, to get the long list at the end of the "Jump to" list? I use that a lot for navigating, and some more common forums are now harder to jump to.

You mean something other than clicking on the up/down arrows at the right of the "Jump to:" box and then scrolling to what you want?
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby davidk on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Naturgesetz wrote:
davidk wrote:Is there any way, though, to get the long list at the end of the "Jump to" list? I use that a lot for navigating, and some more common forums are now harder to jump to.

You mean something other than clicking on the up/down arrows at the right of the "Jump to:" box and then scrolling to what you want?

Yes, since that list has gotten so long with the expanded Locations list in the middle.
davidk
Topless
Topless

Postby Naturgesetz on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Have you noticed the "Board index" button at the bottom of the page? That's what I use to get back to the index page. If that doesn't take care of it, I guess you'll have to PM Cat or one of the Mods.
Naturgesetz
Naked
Naked

Postby davidk on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Seems to be another improvement.
davidk
Topless
Topless

Postby Offkilter on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:53 am

I love the new forum!
Offkilter
Topless
Topless

Postby notextiles on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 am

Seems the first couple of months of 2008 have been a total blur to me because of work. I'm just getting around to living a semi-normal life again, doing things like getting more than 4 hour's sleep per night, eating on a regular schedule, having a social life, etc. Love the new layout so far. Impressive!
notextiles
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Previous

Return to Announcements