52%
Old one
25%
Don't mind
22%

Total votes : 40

Re: New template

Postby aussieian on Sun May 13, 2007 10:23 pm

BlobbyBob wrote:What size monitor are you using? Anything 15" or larger 1024 x 768 should look fine for general use anyway.

Seventeen inches. :oops: For most of my life I've worn spectacles (just like my avatar). These days I need two pairs - one for distances outside, and one for reading indoors. I've had another look at 1024x768 and come to the conclusion - for me - that 800x600 is just like a computer-driven magnifying glass for poorly sighted people, like me. I'm just more comfortable with it.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Gymnos42 on Sun May 13, 2007 10:35 pm

aussieian wrote:
BlobbyBob wrote:What size monitor are you using? Anything 15" or larger 1024 x 768 should look fine for general use anyway.

Seventeen inches. :oops: For most of my life I've worn spectacles (just like my avatar). These days I need two pairs - one for distances outside, and one for reading indoors. I've had another look at 1024x768 and come to the conclusion - for me - that 800x600 is just like a computer-driven magnifying glass for poorly sighted people, like me. I'm just more comfortable with it.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
I have a 19 inch monitor, so mine is bigger than yours. But don't feel bad. It's not the size of the monitor that matters... :wink:
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby FrankT on Sun May 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Gymnos42 wrote:mine is bigger than yours. But don't feel bad. :wink:
~ Larry

Do I need to move this to the erection thread? :evil:
FrankT

Postby Gymnos42 on Mon May 14, 2007 2:04 am

FrankT wrote:
Gymnos42 wrote:mine is bigger than yours. But don't feel bad. :wink:
~ Larry

Do I need to move this to the erection thread? :evil:
Monitor envy? :mrgreen:
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby nudegaming on Tue May 15, 2007 7:09 pm

No, if you behave properly I might let you have your own island but a planet would be too much :)
nudegaming
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby FrankT on Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 pm

nudegaming wrote:No, if you behave properly I might let you have your own island but a planet would be too much :)

Wait. You didn't read Pigeon's post correctly. He said he's going to take over the wold, not the world. A wold is an open field. I guess we can let him have that. It might even be a nice place to go nude. :P
FrankT

Postby Karadhas on Wed May 16, 2007 4:53 am

aussieian wrote:

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.

Simple answer:
800x600 means 800 pixels by 600 pixels. If you raise that to 1024x768 then those pixels are shrunk down so more can be fit on the screen. If you raise that to 1024x768 AND get a bigger monitor then everything stays the same size and the extra space fits in without anything needed to be scrunched up. That's why on my 21incher I can use 1600x1200 without changing the size of the fonts or anything.

Short answer:
Pretty much the same. It's like the difference between sticking a fisheye lense in a 2 foot square window or just widening your living room window to 4sqft.

Soooo it's not necessarily your eyesight. You might actually have a hard to read monitor.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby BlobbyBob on Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am

If you get an LCD monitor though they tend to be fixed resolution. An old CRT doesn't have a specific number of pixels, it can display as many as you like, but LCD monitors actually have a specific number of pixels on the screen. Mine is 19" and 1280 x 1024 resolution. That isn't what I choose for it, but the specific size of the monitor.
BlobbyBob
Topless
Topless

Postby Bucketydan on Wed May 16, 2007 6:59 pm

no pigeon remember the ten commandments. Though shall not tke over the wold.

http://www.montanaconservation.com/Page ... Print=True[/url]

ther are alwys those willin to try tho :D
Bucketydan

Postby aussieian on Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Karadhas wrote: . . . Soooo it's not necessarily your eyesight. You might actually have a hard to read monitor.

Thanks for the advice. I'll continue to experiment.

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby kevin8 on Sat May 26, 2007 2:51 am

I like this one.

Kevin
kevin8
Topless
Topless

Postby nudegaming on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:48 am

The only thing I have against this skin is the huge amount of blank space on my monitor. I'm browsing in 1680x1050 but this is limited in width to what looks like 1024 pixels, instead of flowing to use the full screen space. I hate it when that happens.
nudegaming
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby Bucketydan on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:53 pm

i donbt realyy care about the backgrounds either one is good by me
Bucketydan

Postby the_natural_light on Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks for that template, since i was a guest for almost 1 half year the forum didn't look that good as i see spams and bumps on threads on that but i do have a vista windows but i love the template :D
the_natural_light
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Previous

Return to Announcements