Photo gallery

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Should we open a photo gallery on the site?

Yes
68%
No
28%
Abstain
2%

Total votes : 69

Postby john3805 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:37 pm

Cat asked for opinions, and got some.

Now we go with her decision, just as it should be.

:) John
john3805
Topless
Topless

Postby Karadhas on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:13 pm

Cat wrote:I have to say this has annoyed me. Before the discussions are over you have unilaterally decided to go ahead and create a gallery. OK, so I don't have exclusive rights to create a gallery and anyone is free to do so but it would have been nice to have been given the chance to come to a decision about my plans before someone else went ahead and implemented something. I guess the discussions are over.

That's the problem with communities, they are made of individuals capable of thinking and acting for themselves. People wanted a photo gallery, they made one. Whether or not you have on one here at freebodyzone is still entirely up to you. I'd like to make a cynical comment on that post but honestly I just don't understand the offensiveness of this to you enough to choose an appropriate one.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby Azmodan on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Karadhas wrote:That's the problem with communities, they are made of individuals capable of thinking and acting for themselves. People wanted a photo gallery, they made one. Whether or not you have on one here at freebodyzone is still entirely up to you. I'd like to make a cynical comment on that post but honestly I just don't understand the offensiveness of this to you enough to choose an appropriate one.

Because that's stealing her thunder. If she wants to integrates a gallery to the board, this photo group messes up her plans (which aren't quite clear yet).

Anyway, the link have been removed and Eric apologized. I don't see it as a big issue between civilized adults.
Azmodan
Naked
Naked

Postby old guy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 am

john3805 wrote:Cat asked for opinions, and got some.

Now we go with her decision, just as it should be.

:) John

Whatever you want Cat :)
old guy
Naked
Naked

Postby Karadhas on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:01 pm

I suppose that makes sense.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby kevin8 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 am

I remember when this site first started there were pictures on it. The accompanied the stories. At some point they were all removed. It would be nice to have prctures on the site again. I voted Yes. Any talk of going around Cats plans is wrong and shold be put on hold indefenetly.

Kevin
kevin8
Topless
Topless

Re: Photo gallery

Postby FrankET on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:24 pm

was anything ever decided upon, ever since i found the site ive been wondering about it.
FrankET
Fully clothed
Fully clothed

Postby Karadhas on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 am

Near as I can tell Cat got so mad about everyone making their own without her that she nixed plans on it forever.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby The Tibetan Hat on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:40 am

Probably for the best. I was just flicking through an old folder of nudes the girlfriend and I took when we had the time to be more creative and arty than we are now, and it led me to wonder why there are no galleries here. Sometimes, things are perhaps best left said with words.
The Tibetan Hat
Topless
Topless

Postby Marcus on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 am

Actually the reason that I like this site is that there are no photos. Sure one doesn't have to look at them, but at the same time a site like this without any photos makes me feel that the quality of the site is being increased.
Photos may just bring people that only want to look at the photos and not add anything to the site.
I understand that one may force that to view the images one has to be a member, but I assumed that membership would be free of charge and then it's not that hard to be a member anyway.

/ Marcus
Marcus
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Postby Becca on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 am

The site is definitely better without photos. It keeps most of the voyeurs away. Nobody has ever been able to give me a good reason why someone would want to display their naturist photos to strangers unless they were to go with a report about a beach or something. You see enough random bums at the beach without needing to see photos of them online.
Becca

Postby Petrus on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Spot on-as usual!
Petrus

Postby Gymnos42 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:42 am

Couldn't have said it better myself, Becca.
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby Karadhas on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:23 am

Becca wrote:The site is definitely better without photos. It keeps most of the voyeurs away. Nobody has ever been able to give me a good reason why someone would want to display their naturist photos to strangers unless they were to go with a report about a beach or something. You see enough random bums at the beach without needing to see photos of them online.

I would assume the same reason they would want to display ANY photos to strangers, clothed or not.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby calgarymark42 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:29 am

Becca wrote: You see enough random bums at the beach without needing to see photos of them online.

Good one, Becca!

I agree with you completely - there are already plenty of photo sites, and many of them carry the same pictures. We don't need another of those. I appreciate the quality of the discussions here, even if I don't join in a lot, and in many cases pictures would change the discussion; also I expect the site would be a lot more costly to run, it could run into censorship issues with hosting organizations, and consume a whole lot more bandwidth.

Let's stick with, and build on, what Cat has given us.

BTW this is a really old thread and I believe the issue has been dealt with; why not lock the thread?
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements