Photo gallery

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Should we open a photo gallery on the site?

Yes
68%
No
28%
Abstain
2%

Total votes : 69

Re: Photo gallery

Postby aussieian on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 am

calgarymark42 wrote: . . . Let's stick with, and build on, what Cat has given us . . .

Cat rules - OK?

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Becca on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Karadhas wrote:I would assume the same reason they would want to display ANY photos to strangers, clothed or not.

I would assume some may be motivated to display nude photos of themselves for entirely different reasons.
Becca

Postby Azmodan on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:42 pm

I would assume nearly no one would be interested in a photo gallery on 99% of the boards on the Internet.
Azmodan
Naked
Naked

Postby Karadhas on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:29 am

[edit]

For those that missed it I commented on macchiavelli and group politics in my usual mixture of cynical-sarcasm and off the wall humor while saying I would have handled the situation roughly the same way. Nakedbryn took it upon himself to defend Cat from my obviously vicious agreements and remove my post. That in itself would have been abusive considering the reckless nature of deleting a post without reading it, but he didn't stop there and attempted to discredit me by editing my post with a blatantly false accusation of a personal attack. Yes. That's right, the post where I said I would have done the same thing as Cat was vandalised to say that it was removed because I had been "attacking" someone.

I knew that some moderators of this board had a tendency to selectively apply the rules but I can take that, and the habitual late arrivals in threads, and the one-sided warnings. But framing me for verbally assaulting someone when I was outright saying that I agreed and would do the same? I will willingly put up with the usual favoritism but I will NOT be framed for lies ever again. And no Nakedbryn I will not take this to PMs or hide names, I learned once before that it's suicide to deal with an abusive and trigger-happy moderator where there's no record and with this act, whether brought on by incredible negligence in not reading my post thoroughly or maliciousness in deliberately ignoring it's obvious meaning, you have hit my panic button. You can say I said anything in PMs, that I screamed racial obsceneties or threatened to send you a virus. Here at least after I've been banned for something or another there will be a record of what I actually said and while it may be acerbic and possibly humorous in poor taste it is most definitely not an attack.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby Cat on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:05 pm

The way I see it, your post was removed in order to avoid this thread turning into a slagging match. Whether your comments were meant seriously or not, the fact is that some people would have taken them that way and this thread would have turned into something nasty. It's part of a moderator's role to attempt to avoid such situations and I totally back nakedbryn's decision to remove your post.

As far as I am concerned this particular discussion is over. I have already stated my reasons for not adding a photo gallery so there is little point in repeating them.

On a more general note about polls concerning the forum. These are created from time to time in order to understand general option. They are not the only part of the decision process. As well as public discussions we also talk things over between the moderation team. There is also my personal option - which is going to have some weight since the web site is registered in my name so I will ultimately have to answer any questions relating to its content.

I hope that makes things clears.
Cat
Admin

Postby Karadhas on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't care if a post is removed to prevent a slagging match as you put it. I care (I care a LOT) when it's altered in a way that, intentionally or not, will START a huge slagging match against me.
Karadhas
Topless
Topless

Postby Cat on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Let's take this off the forum.
Cat
Admin

Postby calgarymark42 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:06 am

calgarymark42 wrote:
BTW this is a really old thread and I believe the issue has been dealt with; why not lock the thread?

I say again . . .
calgarymark42
Topless
Topless

Postby Becca on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 am

This discussion has reached the end of the road so I'm going to lock it.
Becca

Previous

Return to Announcements