Photo gallery

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Should we open a photo gallery on the site?

Yes
68%
No
28%
Abstain
2%

Total votes : 69

Photo gallery

Postby Cat on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Since moving to the new provider it seems like the rules can be a little more flexible. I know it's been good not having photos on the site as it makes it less appealing to voyeurs and such like but what does everyone think about having a photo gallery? I don't know how much traffic the site can cope with and whether or not the gallery would slow things down too much but it could always be removed it if became a problem.

I've created a poll so everyone can give their opinion.
Cat
Admin

Postby Wolf on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:37 pm

I cant vote in the poll for some reason.
Wolf
Topless
Topless

Postby Azmodan on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:39 pm

Can't vote either.

Could there be another option to have a photo gallery but hide it from Google?
Azmodan
Naked
Naked

Postby D-TX on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:51 pm

Photos, especially on a Forum that focuses on young nudists/naturists, are going to attract a lot of undesirables.

Can you lock-down the forum and photo gallery so that only registered users have access? (And block the gallery from search engines, as Azmodan mentioned?)
D-TX
Topless
Topless

Postby Cat on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now.

The gallery I've been looking at will allow for personal and public galleries. The personal ones can be locked so only registered users are allowed to see them (so google won't be able to see them either). It can even be set up so that only users designated by admin or moderators can have access to them if we wanted to make them more secure. That way people would have to request to be able to access the gallery and we can make a judgement based on forum behaviour.
Cat
Admin

Postby Petrus on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:46 pm

My instincts suggest that it is probably better not to have a photo-gallery with nude photographs. I think it could attract the wrong kind of attention and those sites that do host nude pictures are far inferior to this one. As Cat said in her introduction
├óÔé¼┼ôWe do not host nude photos. The writing speaks for itself without the need for images of nudity.├óÔé¼┬Ø

I am in no way influenced by the fact that nobody would want to se a nude photograph of me!
Petrus

Postby Azmodan on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:48 pm

Petrus wrote:My instincts suggest that it is probably better not to have a photo-gallery with nude photographs. I think it could attract the wrong kind of attention and those sites that do host nude pictures are far inferior to this one. As Cat said in her introduction
├óÔé¼┼ôWe do not host nude photos. The writing speaks for itself without the need for images of nudity.├óÔé¼┬Ø

If it shows up after you register (so its existence does not make it a factor in deciding if you register or not) and Google don't see them, it makes the point moot, isn't it?
Azmodan
Naked
Naked

Postby D-TX on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Cat wrote:Sorry about that. It should be fixed now.

The gallery I've been looking at will allow for personal and public galleries. The personal ones can be locked so only registered users are allowed to see them (so google won't be able to see them either). It can even be set up so that only users designated by admin or moderators can have access to them if we wanted to make them more secure. That way people would have to request to be able to access the gallery and we can make a judgement based on forum behaviour.

If you have that kind of control, a gallery would probably be OK.

I can remember seeing a Gallery on a legitimate nudist forum that showed the number of times that an image had been clicked-on. The images with the highest count totals were the ones with young girls in them. When I posted a message pointing out this observation, they removed the count totals, but left the images. :o

Also, you should probably put a policy in place about "hot-linking" to images on other web sites. Otherwise, you may be contacted by the sites, complaining about using their bandwidth to display your image gallery.

Take Care & Be A Bare,
David
D-TX
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:17 pm

I voted yes, but I have some reservations.

I think the galleries should be locked. I also agree that only designated users should be allowed access.

One other question, and it's a big one: What about photos of someone who is not of legal age? Would they be allowed? If so, how do we define legal age?

I also think there needs to be an easy way for Cat or one of the moderators to delete a photo. What about requiring that photos be submited to Cat or a moderator for approval before they go into a viewable gallery? Is that feasible?

Finally, if we do go through with this, I suggest it be made clear that the galleries are being set up only on a trial basis, and that if there are problems, the gallieries will be eliminated.
FrankT

Postby Azmodan on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Agreed with everything Frank said.

FrankT wrote:One other question, and it's a big one: What about photos of someone who is not of legal age? Would they be allowed? If so, how do we define legal age?

As per the laws of the country where the board is hosted. Is it still a British host?
Azmodan
Naked
Naked

Postby D-TX on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:51 pm

I just did a traceroute chatbocks.com, and the originating server is superultra8.uk2.net (83.170.64.78 ).

So it appears to be in the UK.
D-TX
Topless
Topless

Postby FrankT on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:02 pm

D-TX wrote:I just did a traceroute chatbocks.com, and the originating server is superultra8.uk2.net (83.170.64.78 ).

So it appears to be in the UK.

So what are the applicable laws in the UK?
FrankT

Postby BlobbyBob on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:10 pm

FrankT wrote:So what are the applicable laws in the UK?

Well I'm not sure about just nudity, but the sort of top-shelf magazines and films tend to be rated 18 - but the age of sexual consent here is 16, which is a bit strange really. I suppose therefore anyone over the age of 16 would be OK to share photos.

Alternately, if it doesn't start on here we could make a Flickr group, they are easy enough to create, could be made private (thus invite only) and specific photos can be made private and viewed only by people marked as friends/family or other group members. It's a good system, and they just changed some of the safe-search filters and things to make it 'safer' too.
BlobbyBob
Topless
Topless

Postby Gymnos42 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:57 pm

I have mixed feelings. In an ideal world it would be ok. But I'm not sure. So I'm going to think about this some before voting.
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby badger on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:08 am

I'm with everyone else in that it would be ok if it was only viewable by registered users and not open to the masses on the web.
badger
T-shirt and shorts
T-shirt and shorts

Next

Return to Announcements