Forum moved

Latest changes to the board

Moderator: Moderators

Forum moved

Postby Cat on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:16 am

In case you haven't notices (and I hope you haven't otherwise it didn't go as smoothly as I wanted) the forum has moved to a new location. I didn't want the risk of changing the web site name to a new web host just yet so I've registered a new name and moved the forum to the new site. The old web host was constantly experiencing problems and even though I called them many times they never managed to get the site working reliably. The only option was to find a better company. If you check the address at the top you'll see the new site name. Over the next week I'll move the old name to this site so it should all be back to normal - but more reliable.
Cat
Admin

Forum moved

Postby aussieian on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:53 am

Thanks, Cat, for your continual efforts to keep us all "on line"

Yours naturally,
AussieIan.
aussieian
Topless
Topless

Postby Becca on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:12 am

Well done, Cat. It all feels much quicker to me.
Becca

Postby BlobbyBob on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:37 am

Does seem much faster now :)

One thing, forum-wise, the clocks changed yesterday morning and I have my profile set to GMT, but the times on the posts haven't updated so they are back an hour.
BlobbyBob
Topless
Topless

Postby Becca on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:40 am

But we are GMT+1 now. That's what I changed mine to and all the times look fine.
Becca

Postby BlobbyBob on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:22 pm

I think that there is a setting within the board software to compensate for the time difference though, it should change automatically even if you leave it as GMT.
BlobbyBob
Topless
Topless

Postby Petrus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Cat,thank you very much for all your efforts. Today is the first time I have been able to log in for a week!
Peter
Petrus

Postby Cat on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm

BlobbyBob wrote:I think that there is a setting within the board software to compensate for the time difference though, it should change automatically even if you leave it as GMT.

There is no forum-wide time setting so everyone is going to need to set their own in their profile.
Cat
Admin

Postby FrankT on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks for all your work on this, Cat.

I know this must be very frustrating. :(
FrankT

Re: Forum moved

Postby Wolf on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Cat wrote:In case you haven't notices (and I hope you haven't otherwise it didn't go as smoothly as I wanted) the forum has moved to a new location. I didn't want the risk of changing the web site name to a new web host just yet so I've registered a new name and moved the forum to the new site. The old web host was constantly experiencing problems and even though I called them many times they never managed to get the site working reliably. The only option was to find a better company. If you check the address at the top you'll see the new site name. Over the next week I'll move the old name to this site so it should all be back to normal - but more reliable.

Hum.. Was their no way to keep the old domain? or was it directly tied to the host?
Wolf
Topless
Topless

Postby Cat on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:22 pm

I'm going to try to move it. Just didn't want to do it just yet in case it didn't work properly.
Cat
Admin

Postby xgsft on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks Cat for all your efforts in keeping this place up!
xgsft
Topless
Topless

Postby Gymnos42 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Worked great for me. Thanks for keeping this such a great site. There's no where else like it on the web.
~ Larry
Gymnos42

Postby D-TX on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:48 am

I noticed immediately that the forum had moved, since the "Wand" (part of the Opera browser that automatically fills in my Name & Password) didn't recognize the new URL. Took just a couple of minutes for me to update it, and all is well.

I did check to see if http://www.freebodyzone.com was still there, and was glad to see that it was. :D
D-TX
Topless
Topless

Postby k_is_here on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:40 pm

I noticed immediately, as I followed the link in a Topic Reply Notification and got a 404 FIle Not Found error.

Thanks for sorting out the speed issues Cat! :D
k_is_here
Topless
Topless

Next

Return to Announcements